Proper installation is the installer's responsibility!
Write the model & serial numbers on the owner's
manual. The model number label is located on the
UL Listed=For use over electric heat source
models (Wall Ovens)
• AMC2206 BAB/BAW/BAQ/BAS
To avoid risk of electrical shock, personal injury, or
death, disconnect power to wall outlet before begin-
Parts, Tools, and Materials
The following parts are supplied with the oven:
Bracket Base Trim Frame
(1 required, 1 extra)
(14 required, 6 extra)
Tools required to perform installation:
• Phillips Screwdriver
• Saw (Electric or Hand)
• Drill with 7/64" drill bits (Electric or Hand)
• Tape Measure
• Framing Square
• Approximate shipping weight is ?? Ibs.
Height 16 3/4" 16 3/4"
Width 25 1/2" 25 1/2"
Depth (min.) 23 3/4" 23 3/4"
Electric Heat Source Model
Toavoid risk of electrical shock, personal injury,or
, Before drilling into the wall, note where electrical
outlets are and where electrical wire might be
concealed behind the wall. YOU COULD GET AN
ELECTRICAL SHOCK if you contact electrical
wire with the drill bit.
, Locate and disconnect the power to any electrical
circuits that could be affected by installingthis oven.
IFYOU DO NOT DISCONNECTTHE POWER,
IYOU COULD GET AN ELECTRICAL SHOCK_
Electrical rating of this oven:
• You need a DEDICATED 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 20A,
fused electrical supply (located in the cabinet
with the microwave as close as possible to the
microwave) serving only the microwave.
• Check with a qualified electrician if you are not
sure whether the oven is properly grounded or if
you do not completely understand the grounding
• Do not use a fuse in the neutral or grounding circuit.
,, Save these instructions for the local electrical
• If there is an electrical short circuit, grounding
reduces the risk of electrical shock by providing an
escape wire for the electric current. This appliance is
equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with a
,, Place the plug intoa properly installed and grounded
• Amana does not recommend use of an
• Keep the power cord dry and do not pinch or
• Do not, under any circumstances, remove the power
supply cord grounding prong!
• This appliance MUST be grounded!
could be exposed to excessive microwave en-
Do not expose yourself to excessive
• DO NOT try to operate the microwave oven with the
• DO NOT tamper with or defeat the safety interlocks.
• DO NOT place objects between the microwave oven
front face and the door.
• DO NOT allow soil or cleaner residue to build up on
the flat surfaces around the microwave oven door.
• DO NOT operate the microwave oven ifit is damaged.
• The microwave oven door must close properly to
• DO NOT USE THE MICROWAVE OVEN:
,,If the door is bent.
,,If the hinges or latches are broken or loose.
• If the door seals, sealing surfaces or glass is broken.
• DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADJUST OR REPAIR THE
• It should be adjusted and repaired by a qualified
technician who can check for microwave leakage
after repairing the oven.
Before you begin installingthe oven, PLACE A PIECE
OF THE CARTON OR OTHER HEAVY MATERIAL (a
blanket) over the countertop or cooktop to protect it.
Do not use a plastic cover. Failure to protect these