Open as PDF
Prepare Terminal Box
1. Using a ¹⁄₄" hex-head socket, nut driver or Phillips screwdriver,
remove the terminal box cover. Lay the cover aside.
2. Install a UL-listed/CSA-approved conduit connector (may be
provided in power supply cord kit [Part Number 4317824]).
Check that screwheads are facing to the left when tightening
the conduit nut.
NOTE: If your dishwasher will be connected by the direct wire
connection, please see “Adjust Leveler Legs.”
Make Electrical Connections—Power
Supply Cord Method
The power supply cord and connections must comply with the
National Electrical Code, Section 422 and/or local codes and
ordinances. Install the power supply cord according to the
installation instructions included with the power supply cord kit.
1. Route the power supply cord so that it does not touch the
dishwasher motor or the lower part of the dishwasher tub.
2. Pull the power supply cord through the conduit connector in
the terminal box.
3. Remove the green grounding screw and place the screw
through the ring terminal of the green ground wire. Reattach
and tighten the green grounding screw.
4. Using UL-listed/CSA approved twist-on connectors sized to
connect the power supply cord to 16-gauge dishwasher wire,
connect the white wire from the power supply cord to the
white wire on the terminal box.
Electrical Shock Hazard
Electrically ground dishwasher.
Connect ground wire to green ground connector in
Do not use an extension cord.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death,
fire, or electrical shock.
A. Green ground wire
C. Green grounding screw