Open as PDF
Care and Cleaning
CLEANING THE STEAM WAND AND
• The steam wand and frothing
attachment should always be cleaned
after frothing milk
• Remove the frothing attachment and
rinse in warm tap water. Ensure the
two ﬁ ne steam holes on either end of
the frothing attachment are clear. Use
the pin on the cleaning tool to unblock
• Wipe the steam wand with a damp
cloth, and then with the steam wand
directed back into the drip tray, brieﬂ y
set the Selector Control to the ‘Steam’
position. This will clear any remaining
milk from inside the steam wand.
CARE AND CLEANING
• Ensure the Selector Control is in the
‘Standby’ position. Press the POWER
button, unplug from the power
outlet and allow the machine to cool.
• If the Steam Wand remains blocked, use
the pin on the cleaning tool to clear the
• If the steam wand continues to be
blocked, the tip of the steam wand can
be removed by using the spanner in the
middle of the cleaning tool.
• Soak the tip in hot water before using
the pin on the cleaning tool to unblock.
Replace the tip back onto the steam
wand and secure with the cleaning tool.
CLEANING THE FILTERS,
PORTAFILTER AND GROUP HEAD
• The stainless steel ﬁ lters and portaﬁ lter
should be rinsed under water directly
after use to remove all coffee particles.
Should the ﬁ ne holes in the ﬁ lters become
blocked, the ﬁ ne pin on the cleaning tool
can be used to clear the holes.
• The group head interior should be wiped
with a damp cloth to remove any ground
espresso coffee particles.
• Periodically run water through the
machine with the portaﬁ lter in place,
but without any ground espresso coffee,
to rinse out any residual espresso
BES830XL_IB_Issue1,09.indd 32-33BES830XL_IB_Issue1,09.indd 32-33 4/1/10 11:02:46 AM4/1/10 11:02:46 AM