Open as PDF
BAKED CUSTARDS WITH FRESH RASPBERRY
AND COFFEE FLOAT
25 ﬂ d oz (750ml) cream
⁄4 cup ﬁ nely granulated sugar
2 vanilla beans, cut lengthways
1 tablespoon gelatine
1 punnet fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon ﬁ nely granulated sugar, extra
⁄4 cup strong espresso coffee, cooled
1. Combine the cream, ﬁ nely granulated sugar and vanilla beans in a
saucepan. Stir over medium heat until just boiling. Remove the vanilla
2. Add the gelatine and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until
dissolved. Remove from heat. Allow the custard to cool.
3. Pour custard evenly into 6 x 5oz (6 x 150ml) glasses. Refrigerate for
minimum 3 hours or until set.
4. Place the raspberries into a medium sized bowl, sprinkle with sugar
and crush lightly with a fork.
5. Fold the cooled espresso through the crushed raspberries.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
6. To serve, top the custards, when set, with the raspberries and
7. Serve immediately with freshly extracted espresso.
⁄2 cups mascarpone
⁄4 cups cream
⁄2 tablespoons confectionery sugar
⁄2 cup strong espresso coffee, cooled
⁄2 cup Tia Maria or coffee liqueur
16 sponge ﬁ ngers
Cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Combine mascarpone, cream and confectionery sugar in a large bowl.
Whisk lightly until soft peaks form. Set aside.
2. Combine coffee and liqueur in bowl. Dip the sponge ﬁ ngers into the
coffee mixture a few at a time. Ensure all the coffee mixture is absorbed
evenly by the sponge ﬁ ngers.
3. Layer half the sponge ﬁ ngers evenly into the base of 4 dessert bowls or
glasses. Spread the layered sponge ﬁ ngers with half of the cream
mixture. Repeat the layers with remaining sponge ﬁ ngers and cream
4. Dust evenly with cocoa powder and refrigerate until required.
5. Serve with fresh fruits and freshly extracted espresso.
BES830XL_IB_Issue1,09.indd 42-43BES830XL_IB_Issue1,09.indd 42-43 4/1/10 11:02:51 AM4/1/10 11:02:51 AM