Open as PDF
MODELS QP230BC • QP230BL • QP230SS • QP230WW
QP236BC • QP236BL • QP236SS • QP236WW
QP242BC • QP242BL • QP242SS • QP242WW
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR IN-
JURY TO PERSONS, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufac-
turer. If you have questions, contact the manufacturer at the
address or telephone number listed in the warranty.
2. Before servicing or cleaning unit, switch power off at service
panel and lock the service disconnecting means to prevent
power from being switched on accidentally. When the ser-
vice disconnecting means cannot be locked, securely fasten
a prominent warning device, such as a tag, to the service
3. Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by a
qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes
and standards, including fire-rated construction.
4. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhaust-
ing of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equip-
ment to prevent backdrafting. Follow the heating equipment
manufacturer’s guideline and safety standards such as those
published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA),
and the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air
Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the local code au-
5. This product may have sharp edges. Be careful to avoid cuts
and abrasions during installation and cleaning.
6. When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling,
do not damage
electrical wiring and other hidden utilities.
7. Ducted fans must always be vented to the outdoors.
8. Use only metal ductwork.
9. Do not use this fan with any solid-state speed control device.
10. As an alternative, this product may be installed with the UL-
approved cord kit designated for the product, following in-
structions packed with the cord kit.
11. This unit must be grounded.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE:
1. Never leave surface units unattended at high settings.
Boilovers cause smoking and greasy spillovers that may ig-
nite. Heat oils slowly on low or medium settings.
2. Always turn hood ON when cooking at high heat or when
cooking flaming foods (i.e. Crepes Suzette, Cherries Jubilee,
Peppercorn Beef Flambé).
3. Clean ventilating fans frequently. Grease should not be al-
lowed to accumulate on fan or filter.
4. Use proper pan size. Always use cookware appropriate for
the size of the surface element.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY TO PERSONS IN THE
EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE, OBSERVE THE
1. SMOTHER FLAMES with a close-fitting lid, cookie sheet,
or metal tray, then turn off the burner. BE CAREFUL TO
PREVENT BURNS. If the flames do not go out immediately,
EVACUATE AND CALL THE FIRE
QP2 Series Range Hoods
READ AND S AV E THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR DOMESTIC COOKING ONLY
2. NEVER PICK UP A FLAMING PAN — Yo u may be burned or
spread the fire.
3. DO NOT USE WATER, including wet dishcloths or towels -
violent steam explosion will result.
4. Use an extinguisher ONLY if:
A. You know you have a Class ABC extinguisher and you
already know how to operate it.
B. The fire is small and contained in the area where it started.
C. The fire department is being called.
D. You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
* Based on “Kitchen Fire Safety Tips” published by NFPA.
1. Fo r indoor use only.
2. For general ventilating use only. Do not use to exhaust haz-
ardous or explosive materials and vapors.
3. To avoid motor bearing damage and noisy and/or unbal-
anced impeller, keep drywall spray, construction dust, etc.,
off power unit.
4. Do not use over cooking equipment greater than 60,000
BTU/hr. as the blower motor will shut down intermittantly.
5. Your hood motor has a thermal overload which will automati-
cally shut off the motor if it becomes overheated. The motor
will restart when it cools down. If the motor continues to shut
off and restart, have the hood serviced.
6. The top of the hood MUST NOT BE LESS than 24” and at a
maximum of 30” above
op for best capture of cooking
7. This hood is not intended to be used as a shelf.
8. Please read specification label on product for further infor-
mation and requirements.
Installer: Leave this manual
with the homeowner.
Homeowner: Cleaning, Maintenance and
Operating instructions on page 2.
NOTE If hood is to be installed non-ducted:
Purchase a set of (2) non-ducted filters for 30” wide
hoods (Model BPPF30) & 36” wide hoods (Model
BPPF36) or a set of (3) non-ducted filters for 42” wide
hoods (Model BPPF42) from your local distributor or
retailer and attach them to the aluminum mesh filters.
Register your product online at: www.broan.com