Open as PDF
8 fillets Rainbow trout
8 x 5 ml (1 tsp) wholegrain mustard
3 oranges, peeled and pith removed
Trout Parcels with Orange and Mustard Serves 4
Oven Accessory: glass turntable + grill accessory + splash guard + metal tray
1. Wash and dry the fillets and spread the flesh side of each fillet with mustard, then divide
orange slices between them.
2. Fold each one over and secure with wooden cocktail sticks.
3. Place on grill accessory.
4. Cook on FAST-BAKE 220˚C + Grill 2 for 20 mins or until brown and crispy.
50 g (2 oz) long grain rice
300 ml (
pt) boiling water
1 onion, finely chopped
50 g (2 oz) mushrooms, chopped
25 g (1 oz) butter
salt and pepper
175 g (6 oz) salmon tail
30 ml (2 tbsp) white wine
375 g (13 oz) puff pastry
2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
beaten egg to glaze
150 ml (
pt) carton soured cream
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
Coubliac Serves 4
Dish: baking sheet (round) Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Place rice and water in a large casserole, cover and cook on HIGH power for 10 mins. or
until just cooked. Drain.
2. Place the onion, mushrooms and butter in a small bowl, cover and cook on HIGH power for
3 mins. or until just softened.
3. Place salmon in a shallow dish, sprinkle with wine and cook covered on HIGH power for
2 mins. (or AUTO PROGRAMME FISH). Cool and flake.
4. Roll pastry to a rectangle approx. 25 x 30 cm (10 x 12"). Trim and reserve trimmings.
Combine all ingredients together. Spread down one side of pastry rectangle leaving 1.5 cm
") around the edge. Brush the edges with beaten egg and fold pastry over. Seal. Brush top
with egg and use the trimmings to decorate. Carefully lift onto a baking sheet and chill for 20
mins. Preheat oven on Convection 210°C. Cook on Combination: Convection 220˚C +
SIMMER power for 20-25 mins. or until golden brown. Serve hot with soured cream
combined with chopped parsley.
450 g (1 lb) smoked haddock
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
1 large onion, sliced
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
40 g (1
40 g (1
3 ml (
600 ml (1 pt) milk
salt and pepper
100 g (4 oz) Red Leicester cheese
600 g (1
lb) cooked jacket potatoes, sliced
75 g (3 oz) wholemeal breadcrumbs
Family Fish Pie Serves 4
Dish: large casserole Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Arrange fish in a shallow dish. Add lemon juice, cover and cook on HIGH power for 3 mins.
or until it flakes easily.
2. Place onion and oil in a bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 3 mins. or until the onion is
3. Melt the butter on HIGH power for 30 secs. Stir in the flour and mustard and cook for a
further 15 secs. Add milk and seasoning, gradually stir to a smooth paste. Cook on HIGH
power for 5 mins. or until the sauce is thick and bubbling. Stir twice during cooking. Add 75 g
(3 oz) of grated cheese to the sauce and stir well.
4. Flake the fish and arrange in a serving dish. Add onions and place the sliced potatoes on
5. Pour over the cheese sauce. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
6. Cook on Combination: Convection 190°C + SIMMER power for 15-20 mins. or until
golden brown and piping hot.