Open as PDF
50 g (2 oz) butter
50 g (2 oz) flour
450 ml (
100 g (4 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper
pinch grated nutmeg
450 g (1 lb) frozen spinach
450 g (1 lb) smoked haddock fillet, skinned
50 g (2 oz) breadcrumbs
Haddock and Spinach Florentine Serves 4
Dish: 20 cm (8") square dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Mix together the butter, flour and milk in a large jug and cook uncovered on HIGH power for
4-5 mins. or until the sauce has thickened, whisking every minute. Stir in half of the cheese
and season well with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
2. Place spinach in the dish and cook covered on HIGH power for 6-7 mins. or until cooked.
Place in a sieve and drain thoroughly, then place back into the dish.
3. Place the fish in a single layer on top of the spinach. Cook covered on HIGH power for
4-5 mins. or until tender.
4. Pour the cheese sauce over the fish to cover it completely. Cook uncovered on HIGH power
for 3 mins. then sprinkle the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs on top. Brown under the
GRILL for 5-6 mins. or until brown and crisp.
225 g (8 oz) tomatoes
125 ml (4 fl.oz) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
2 onions, chopped
1 large leek, sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1.2 ltr (2 pt) fish stock
salt and black pepper
150 ml (
pt) dry white wine
4 sprigs thyme
small piece of orange peel
4 strands saffron
5 ml (1 tsp) chilli sauce
450 g (1 lb) cod, haddock or coley
450 g (1 lb) mixed seafood
4 large fresh prawns
bunch of dill to garnish
Bouillabaisse Serves 6
Dish: 3 litre (6 pt) casserole Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Skin the tomatoes and cut into four pieces, removing the cores. Place the oil and tomato
puree in a large bowl, heat on HIGH power for 1 min. and mix well. Add the onions and leek,
cook on HIGH power for 3-4 mins. or until soft.
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes, stock, wine, thyme and orange peel, saffron and chilli sauce. Heat
on HIGH power for 3-4 mins. Skin the fish, cut into chunks and add to the tomato liquid.
Cook on HIGH power for 3-4 mins. or until the fish is cooked. Add the mixed seafood and
prawns and heat again for 2-3 mins. on HIGH power or until hot, taking care not to overcook
3. Serve garnished with Dill.
25 g (1oz) butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small onion, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) plain flour
15 ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
grated rind and juice of
300 ml (
pt) hot fish stock
25 g (1 oz) sultanas
10 ml (2 tsp) tomato puree
30 ml (2 tbsp) mango chutney
450 g (1 lb) haddock, skinned and chopped
salt and pepper
75 g (3 oz) creamed coconut
Fish Curry Serves 4
Dish: large casserole Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Melt the butter in the casserole dish on HIGH power for 30 secs. or until melted.
2. Stir in the garlic and onion and cook covered on HIGH power for 3 mins.
3. Stir in the flour, curry powder, lemon rind and juice and fish stock. Cover and cook on HIGH
power for 3 mins. stirring halfway through the cooking time.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the coconut, cover and cook on HIGH power for
3-4 mins. or until fish flakes, stirring occasionally.
5. Break up the coconut with a fork, then stir into the curry. Leave to stand for 5 mins. before
serving with boiled rice.