Open as PDF
MEAT AND POULTRY
4 chicken portions approx. 1.2 kg (2
5 ml (1 tsp) mixed herbs
salt and pepper
100 g (4 oz) streaky bacon
100 g (4 oz) button mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
450 g (1 lb) whole shallots
30 ml (2 tbsp) brandy
300 ml (
pt) red wine
300 ml (
pt) chicken stock
Coq au Vin Serves 4
Dish: large casserole with lid Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Place all ingredients in casserole dish.
2. Cover and cook on Combination: Convection 160°C + WARM power for 1hr 10 mins. or
until cooked through.
3. Remove skin from chicken pieces and skim off any excess fat. Thicken using a little cornflour
mixed with water. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
350 g (12 oz) leeks, trimmed
25 g (1 oz) butter
30ml (2 tbsp) plain flour
300 ml (
225 g (8 oz) cooked chicken, chopped
100 g (4 oz) ham, chopped
175 g (6 oz) Gruyere cheese, grated
4 frozen individual garlic bread slices
Creamy Chicken Gratin Serves 4
Dish: 24 cm (9") round gratin dish
Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Slice the leeks and place in a large bowl with the butter. Cover and soften on HIGH power
for 3-4 mins. or until softened.
2. Add the flour and mix well. Stir in the milk and heat on HIGH power for 4-5 mins. or until
thickened. Add the chicken, ham and cheese then season and mix well.
3. Pour into the dish and top with the garlic bread slices. Cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE
230°C + Grill 3 + LOW power for 15-20 mins or until piping hot and golden.
4 chicken breast fillets, skinned
100 g (4 oz) creamed coconut
45 ml (3 tbsp) lemon juice
30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5 ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
5 ml (1 tsp) five-spice powder
5 ml (1 tsp) coriander seeds
5 ml (1 tsp) cumin seeds
90 ml (6 tbsp) crunchy peanut butter
large pinch of chilli powder
Chicken Satay Serves 4-6
Dish: 8 wooden skewers
Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + grill accessory + splash guard
1. Cut the chicken into small chunks and place in a bowl. Place 50 g (2 oz) creamed coconut,
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice and 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce into a blender or food processor.
Add the oil, garlic, turmeric, five spice, coriander and cumin and blend until smooth.
2. Pour over the chicken. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
3. For the serving sauce: Crumble 50 g (2 oz) of creamed coconut into a large jug. Add the
peanut butter, 15 ml (1tbsp) of the lemon juice, 15ml (1tbsp) of the soy sauce, the chilli
powder and 300 ml (
pt) water. Cook on HIGH power for 5-6 mins. or until the sauce boils
and thickens, stirring frequently. Turn into a serving bowl.
4. Thread the chicken onto wooden skewers. Place on grill accessory and cook on
Combination: FAST-BAKE 250˚C + Grill 1 + WARM power for 15 mins. or until cooked
through, turning occasionally. Serve hot with sauce for dipping.