Open as PDF
350 g (12 oz) aubergine
50 g (2 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
10 ml (2 tsp) dried marjoram
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
400 g (14 oz) canned chopped tomatoes
15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato puree
salt and pepper
100 g (4 oz) Mozzarella cheese, grated
Cheesey Aubergine Chicken Serves 4
Dish: rectangular ceramic dish
Oven Accessory: glass turntable + grill accessory + metal tray + splash guard
1. Thinly slice the aubergine. Brush each side with oil and place on the grill accessory. Cook on
preheated Grill 1 for 10 mins, turning halfway. The aubergine should be golden and crisp.
2. Mix the parmesan with 5 ml (1 tsp) marjoram. Dip the chicken in the beaten egg, then the
cheese mixture. Cover and chill in the fridge for 10-15 mins.
3. Chop the onion and garlic, place in a bowl with 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil. Cover and cook on
HIGH power for 3 mins. or until soft. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree, marjoram and
seasoning. Cook on HIGH power for 3 mins. or until hot.
4. Pour the sauce into the ceramic dish. Place the chicken, aubergine and mozzarella cheese
in overlapping rows over the sauce.
5. Cook on Combination: Convection 190˚C + SIMMER power for 35-40 mins, or until
golden and the chicken is cooked.
1 large avocado
50 g (2 oz) red onion
100 g (4 oz) tomato
1 red pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped parsley
4 chicken breasts with skin
Crispy Chicken with Hot Salsa Serves 4
Dish: square ceramic dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Mix together the chopped avocado, onion, tomato and red pepper then mix with the crushed
garlic, 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the olive oil, lime juice, parsley and seasoning.
2. Flatten the chicken breasts with a damp rolling pin. Lift the skin to create a pocket and stuff
with the salsa mixture.
3. Place the chicken in roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil and cook in a preheated oven on
FAST-BAKE 220˚C + GRILL 2 for 25-30 mins or until cooked and golden.
4 lemons, rind and juice of
5 cm (2") piece fresh root ginger, peeled and
90 ml (6 tbsp) runny honey
salt and pepper
2 poussins, about 450 g (1 lb) each
700 g (1
lbs) onions, sliced
50 g (2 oz) dark brown sugar
Lemon and Ginger Poussin with Onions Serves 4
Dish: 25 cm (10") casserole dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Whisk lemon juice, rind, ginger and honey together. Season. Halve poussins lengthways.
Pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove roughly half the marinade and place in a large bowl with the sliced onions and
sugar. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 10 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Place the onion mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish. Arrange the poussins on top with
the remaining marinade. Cook on Combination: Convection 220˚C + SIMMER power for
30-40 mins. or until the poussin is cooked.
MEAT AND POULTRY