Open as PDF
MEAT AND POULTRY
600 g (1
lb) braising steak, cubed
45 ml (3 tbsp) seasoned flour
600 ml (1 pt) hot beef stock
45 ml (3 tbsp) tomato puree
30 ml (2 tbsp) paprika
5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
60 ml (4 tbsp) soured cream
Hungarian Goulash Serves 4
Dish: large casserole + lid Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Toss meat in the flour. Combine all ingredients except the soured cream in casserole dish.
2. Cook on Combination: Convection 160°C + WARM power for 1hr 30 mins, or until the
meat is tender, or on AUTO PROGRAMME CASSEROLE.
3. Remove from oven and immediately stir in the soured cream. Serve with ribbon noodles.
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Spices and Flavourings:
10 ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
3 ml (
tsp) chilli powder, ground cardamom,
15 ml (1 tbsp) garam marsala
15 ml (1 tbsp) ground turmeric
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato puree
450 g (1 lb) shoulder of lamb, cubed
juice of 1 lemon
5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
25 g (1 oz) sultanas
pinch of salt
450 ml (
pt) hot stock
Madras Curry Serves 4
Dish: large casserole dish with lid Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Place the oil, onion and garlic in casserole dish. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 3 mins.
2. Blend in all the spices and cook on HIGH power for 2 mins.
3. Stir in the flour and tomato puree. Add all other ingredients including meat. Blend in hot
4. Cover and cook on Combination: Convection 160°C + WARM power for 1hr-1hr 30 mins.
or until meat is tender, or use AUTO PROGRAMME CASSEROLE. Serve with boiled rice
and lemon or lime wedges and poppadoms.
1 aubergine, sliced
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
396 g (14 oz) can tomatoes
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
350 g (12 oz) lamb, cooked and
salt and pepper
150 ml (
pt) single cream
100 g (4 oz) cheese, grated
25g (1 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
Moussaka Serves 4
Dish: 20 cm (8") souffle dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Place aubergines in a large colander and sprinkle liberally with salt. Stand for 20 mins. or
until bitter juices run out. Rinse well under cold water and drain.
2. Place oil, garlic, onion and aubergine in dish. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 2 mins. or
3. Add tomatoes and puree and cook re-covered on HIGH power for 7 mins. Add lamb and
season, mix well.
4. Whisk eggs, cream and cheese together and pour over lamb. Sprinkle with Parmesan
cheese and cook on Combination: Convection 190°C + SIMMER power for 15-20 mins. or
until topping is puffed and golden.