Open as PDF
900 g (2 lb) unsmoked gammon joint
cold water to cover
300 ml (
pt) white wine (optional)
1 onion, peeled
4 whole cloves
45 ml (3 tbsp) honey
30 ml (2 tbsp) orange juice
15 ml (1 tbsp) demerara sugar
15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
12 whole cloves
Glazed Gammon Serves 4
Dish: large bowl Oven Accessory: glass turntable + low rack + metal tray + splash guard
1. In a large bowl or casserole soak the gammon in water for at least 2 hours. Discard the
water, recover the joint with fresh water and wine (if using). Add onion stuck with cloves and
peppercorns and cook on HIGH power for 15 mins. then MEDIUM power for 15-20 mins. per
450 g (1 lb) or until cooked. Drain.
2. Mix together the honey, juice, sugar and mustard. Cook on HIGH power for 1 min. Leave to
3. Remove the gammon rind. Score the fat in a lattice pattern and stud with cloves. Brush over
half of the glaze.
4. Place gammon onto low rack + splashguard on metal tray on turntable and cook in a
preheated oven on FAST-BAKE 170°C + Grill 1 for 10-15 mins. until golden, spreading over
the remaining glaze halfway through cooking time.
6 lambs kidneys
1 onion, sliced
25 g (1 oz) butter
100 g (4 oz) button mushrooms, halved
15 g (
8 chipolata sausages, halved
60 ml (4 tbsp) red wine
60 ml (4 tbsp) hot beef stock
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
salt and pepper
Kidneys Turbigo Serves 4
Dish: large casserole Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Skin, halve and core the kidneys. Remove any fat or gristle.
2. Place the onion and butter in the casserole. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 2 mins. or
until the onion starts to soften.
3. Add the kidneys, cover and cook on HIGH power for 4 mins. Turn halfway during cooking.
4. Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook on MEDIUM power for 15-18 mins. or until the
kidneys are tender. Stir halfway during cooking.
1 clove garlic, crushed
5 ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
150 ml (
pt) soured cream
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped mint
450 g (1 lb) minced lamb
1 onion, grated
Lamb Kebabs Serves 4
Dish: 8 wooden skewers Oven Accessory: glass turntable + grill accessory +
metal tray + splash guard
1. Mix the garlic, chilli powder and cumin together. Stir into the soured cream and add mint.
2. Place the minced lamb and onion in a bowl and add half the flavoured cream. Mix well.
3. With damp hands, form the mince mixture into long sausages around the skewers.
4. Arrange the kebabs on the grill accessory, brush with remaining cream. Cook on Combination:
FAST-BAKE 250˚C + Grill 1 + WARM power for 15-20 mins. turning halfway.
MEAT AND POULTRY