Open as PDF
8 quick cooking cannelloni tubes
600 ml (1 pt) pouring white sauce
(see page 86)
50 g (2 oz) cheese, grated
100 g (4 oz) defrosted spinach
50 g (2 oz) cooked ham, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
175 g (6 oz) cooked chicken, finely diced
15 ml (1 tbsp) parsley, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) spring onions, finely chopped
60 ml (4 tbsp) Parmesan cheese
Cannelloni Serves 4
Dish: deep baking dish approx. 20 cm x 25 cm (8" x 10")
Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Prepare sauce. At the end of cooking, whisk in the grated cheese. Set aside.
2. Prepare filling by combining all filling ingredients. Fill cannelloni tubes from each end.
3. Pour half the sauce into the dish and then lay the cannelloni on top. Pour remaining sauce
over and sprinkle with second measure of Parmesan cheese.
4. Cook on Combination: Convection 190°C + SIMMER power for 20-25 mins. or until the
pasta is tender.
225 g (8 oz) mixed dried pasta
i.e. tagliatelle, twists, shells
1 litre (1
pt) boiling water
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
3 ml (
25 g (1 oz) butter
100 g (4 oz) mushrooms, peeled and sliced
198 g (7 oz) can tuna, drained
40 g (1
40 g (1
600 ml (1 pt) milk
30 ml (2 tbsp) Dry Vermouth (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
25 g (1 oz) cheese, grated
25 g (1 oz) breadcrumbs
Tuna Pasta Serves 4
Dish: 3 litre (6 pt) casserole dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable +
metal tray + low rack
1. Cook pasta in water with oil and salt covered on HIGH power for 10-12 mins. or until soft.
Leave to stand for 2-3 mins. Drain.
2. Melt butter in small dish on HIGH power for approx. 45 secs. Add mushrooms and cover.
Cook on HIGH power for 3-4 mins. or until soft.
3. To make sauce, melt butter on HIGH power for 30-40 secs. Stir in flour to make a roux.
Gradually whisk in milk until well combined. Cook on HIGH power for 3-5 mins. or until
smooth and glossy. Stir halfway through cooking. Add Vermouth and season.
4. Combine pasta, tuna and mushrooms in dish. Pour sauce over and stir to mix thoroughly.
Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs and cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 230°C +
Grill 3 + LOW power for 10-12 mins. or until golden brown.
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
3 deseeded red peppers, chopped
397 g (14 oz) canned tomatoes
15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato puree
salt and pepper
450 g (1 lb) frozen spinach, defrosted and
450 g (1 lb) ricotta cheese
9 sheets lasagne, precooked
300 ml (
pt) natural yoghurt
45 ml (3 tbsp) grated parmesan cheese
Spinach & Ricotta Lasagne Serves 4-6
Dish: 2 ltr (4 pt) shallow dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Place one of the onions and a clove of garlic in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil and cook for 2-3 mins.
on HIGH power or until soft.
2. Add the red peppers, tomatoes and tomato puree, season and cook on HIGH power for
5-6 mins. or until hot.
4. In a 2 ltr (4 pt) shallow dish, place a layer of spinach. Top with ricotta cheese, then lasagne
followed by the tomato sauce and a further layer of pasta. Spoon yoghurt onto the top and
sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
5. Cook on Combination: Convection 190°C + SIMMER power for 30-40 mins. or until
golden and piping hot.
Pasta, Rice and Beans
P ASTA, RICE AND BEANS
In another bowl, place the second onion and garlic clove with 1 tbsp oil. Cover and cook on
high power for 2-3 mins. until soft. Add the defrosted, drained spinach and stir well. Cook on
HIGH power for 2-3 mins. or until cooked. Drain.