Open as PDF
1 red, 1 green pepper
1 clove of garlic
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
225 g (8 oz) pasta shapes
225 g (8 oz) fresh spinach
40 g (1
40 g (1
1 pt (600 ml) milk
15 ml (1 tbsp) mustard
50 g (2 oz) Cheddar cheese
150 g (5 oz) Boursin cheese
50 g (2 oz) Cheddar cheese for topping
Roast Vegetable and Pasta Gratin Serves 4
Dish: 25 cm (10") round shallow Pyrex
dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable +
metal tray + low rack
1. Chop all the vegetables into bite sized pieces and put in a roasting dish with the oil. Cook on
FAST-BAKE 230°C + Grill 2 for 25-30 mins or on the Roast Vegetable programme.
2. Cook the pasta shapes in 450 ml (
pt) boiling water on HIGH power for 5-6 mins or until
soft. Drain. Wash the spinach and tear into small pieces and grate the cheese.
3. Make the white sauce as per instructions on page 86, add the mustard, cheese and Boursin
cheese and stir thoroughly until smooth. Season well.
4. Mix the pasta, spinach and roast vegetables with the sauce and place in a large shallow dish.
Sprinkle the top with cheese.
5. Cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 230°C + Grill 3 + LOW power for 10-15 mins or until
1 large aubergine, cubed
350 g (12 oz) tagliatelle, fresh
1 clove garlic, crushed
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
397 g (14 oz) tin of chopped tomatoes
5 ml (1 tsp) basil
15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato puree
15 g (
salt and pepper
8-10 black olives, stoned
100 g (4 oz) mozzarella, diced
30 ml (2 tbsp) parmesan cheese, grated
Tagliatelle Toscana Serves 4
Dish: deep casserole dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Sprinkle the aubergine with salt and leave for 20 mins, then rinse and dry.
2. Cook the pasta in 600 ml (1 pt) boiling water, covered, on HIGH power for 4 mins. or until
3. Place onion, garlic and oil in a bowl, cover and cook on HIGH power for 2 mins. or until soft.
Add the remaining ingredients except the mozzarella, tagliatelle and parmesan cheese,
cover and cook on HIGH power for 6-8 mins.
4. Mix the drained pasta with the mozzarella. Place in a casserole dish. Pour the sauce over the
top. Sprinkle with parmesan and cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 230˚C + Grill 1 +
WARM power for 6-8 mins. or until golden brown and piping hot.
1 medium onion, chopped
10 ml (2 tsp) vegetable oil
2 medium courgettes, sliced thickly
1 red pepper, seeded & chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled & thinly sliced
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
100 g (4 oz) dried apricots, halved
2 cloves garlic, crushed
425 g (15 oz) can chick peas, drained
3 ml (
tsp) each: ground turmeric, ground
coriander, ground cumin
5 ml (1 tsp) paprika
2.5 cm (1") fresh root ginger, peeled and
salt and pepper
450 ml (
pt) hot vegetable stock
chopped parsley to garnish
Vegetable and Chick Pea Casserole Serves 4
Dish: large casserole dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Place the onion and oil in a large casserole dish. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 3 mins.
or until starting to soften.
2. Add the prepared vegetables, apricots, garlic, chick peas and stir in the spices, salt, pepper
3. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 15-20 mins, or until vegetables are soft. Stir two or three
times during cooking. Serve with couscous or rice and garnish with parsley.
To prepare couscous: Place 300 ml (
pt) vegetable stock in a bowl and 1.2 ml (
Cook on HIGH power for 4 mins. or until boiling. Add 175 g (6 oz) couscous and allow
to stand for 5 mins. Fluff up with a fork before serving.
P ASTA, RICE AND BEANS