Open as PDF
VEGETABLES AND VEGETARIAN
100 g (4 oz) button mushrooms
100 g (4 oz) onion, chopped
175 g (6 oz) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
100 g (4 oz) ground cashew nuts
3 ml (
tsp) celery and garlic salt
450 g (1 lb) mixed vegetables eg. sweet
potato, red pepper, leeks, aubergine,
1 clove garlic, crushed
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
200 g (7 oz) can chopped tomatoes
10 ml (2 tsp) tomato puree
50 g (2 oz) gruyère cheese, grated
100 g (4 oz) Boursin
15 ml (1 tbsp) single cream
25 g (1 oz) pinenuts
225 g (8 oz) ready made puff pastry
1 egg to glaze
Roast Vegetable Parcels Serves 4
Dish: round baking sheet Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Chop vegetables into 2.5 cm (1") chunks
2. Add garlic and oil, mix thoroughly with mixed vegetables. Place onto metal tray.
3. Cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 220°C + Grill 2 for 25-30 mins until vegetables are
browned and al dente.
4. Place the chopped tomatoes and puree in a heatproof bowl uncovered and cook on HIGH
power for 5 mins then MEDIUM power for 10 mins or until mixture is reduced in volume and
5. Mix the tomato sauce with the cooked vegetables and pinenuts.
6. Mix together the gruyère cheese, Boursin
and single cream.
7. Roll out pastry until it measures approx 16" square. Divide into 4 equal squares.
of the vegetable mixture in the centre of the square and top with
of the cheese
9. Bring the corners of the pastry to the centre, pressing the edges together. Seal with water.
Glaze with beaten egg.
10. Cook in a preheated oven on Convection 220°C for 25-30 mins or until golden and cooked
450 g (1 lb) potatoes
25 g (1 oz) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
Roast Potatoes Serves 4
Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Peel and cut potatoes into quarters. Par boil and drain (see page 53).
2. Place potatoes, oil and butter on metal tray. Cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 250°C +
GRILL 1 + WARM power for 25 mins. turning and basting potatoes during cooking, or until
crisp and brown.
Veggie Burgers Serves 4
Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + grill accessory + splash guard
1. Place the mushrooms, onion, seasoning and all but a handful of breadcrumbs in a food
processor. Whisk together and tip into a bowl, add the nuts and egg and blend with a fork.
2. Divide into four. Roll into balls and dip in the remaining breadcrumbs. Make into burger
shapes. Preheat the grill and cook on Combination: Grill 1 + WARM power for 15 mins. or
until browned. Turn half way.