Open as PDF
450 g (1 lb) potatoes
100 g (4 oz) green cabbage
75 g (3 oz) butter
salt and black pepper
300 ml (
pt) cheese sauce
75 g (3 oz) hazelnuts, chopped
100 g (4 oz) granary breadcrumbs
50 g (2 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
Nutty Potato Crumble Serves 6
Dish: large 25 cm (10") ovenproof dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Hard boil the eggs (see page 48 for instructions for poached eggs). Thickly slice the
potatoes, place in a casserole dish with 90 ml (6 tbsp) water and cook, covered on HIGH
power for 10-12 mins. or until soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Shred the cabbage, thinly slice the onion and with 25 g (1 oz) of the butter put into a glass
bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 5-6 mins. or until softened.
3. Arrange potatoes, cabbage, onion and chopped eggs in an ovenproof dish. Season well.
Pour over cheese sauce (see page 86). Mix together the nuts and breadcrumbs and crumble
over the vegetables. Dot with remaining butter and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
4. Bake on Combination: Convection 160°C + LOW power for 20-25 mins. or until golden
and piping hot.
1 aubergine, sliced
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
1 courgette, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, trimmed and sliced
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
396 g (14 oz) can of tomatoes
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Ratatouille Serves 4
Dish: 20 cm (8") casserole Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. In a colander sprinkle aubergine slices with salt and leave for 30 mins. to remove bitter
juices. Rinse with cold water.
2. Combine all ingredients in a casserole. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 15 mins. or until
vegetables are soft. Stir halfway through cooking time.
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 chilli, chopped
2 carrots, diced
5 ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
3 ml (
175 g (6 oz) bulgar wheat
396 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
450 ml (
396 g (14 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
Vegetarian Chilli Serves 4
Dish: large casserole + lid Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Place oil, onion, pepper, chilli and carrots in a large casserole, cover and cook on HIGH
power for 4-5 mins. or until softened.
2. Add chilli and cumin. Stir in bulgar wheat, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and water.
Cover and cook on HIGH power for 10 mins. Stir in red kidney beans, cover and cook on
HIGH power for 2-3 mins.
VEGETABLES AND VEGETARIAN