Open as PDF
VEGETABLES AND VEGETARIAN
2 medium aubergines, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
pinch cayenne pepper
10 ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
2.5 cm (1") root ginger, peeled and sliced
1 small cauliflower, divided into florets
2 medium potatoes, diced
100 g (4 oz) green beans, sliced
1 fresh chilli, deseeded and sliced
150 ml (
pt) vegetable stock
397 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
100 g (4 oz) cashew nuts
4 red peppers, large
100 g (4 oz) unsmoked streaky bacon, diced
100 g (4 oz) wholemeal bread, crusts
removed and cut into small cubes
50 ml (2 tbsp) fresh basil, finely shredded
50 g (2 oz) Parmesan, grated
150 g (5 oz) goat’s cheese, diced
100 g (4 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
50 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
1 cauliflower, trimmed
90 ml (6 tbsp) water
25 g (1 oz) butter
25 g (1 oz) flour
3 ml (
tsp) French mustard
300 ml (
seasoning to taste
75 g (3 oz) grated red cheese
15 ml (1 tbsp) brown breadcrumbs
Cauliflower Cheese Serves 4
Dish: shallow casserole Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Place cauliflower upside down in a bowl. Add water. Cover and cook on MEDIUM power for
10 mins. or until tender. Drain.
2. Melt butter on HIGH power for 15-30 secs. Stir in flour and mustard. Cook for a further
15 secs. Add milk gradually. Stir well and season. Cook on HIGH power for 2-3 mins. or until
sauce is thick and bubbling. Stir once halfway during cooking.
3. Stir in 60 g (4 tbsp) grated cheese. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower. Top with remaining
cheese and breadcrumbs.
4. Cook on Combination: Convection 220°C + WARM power for 10-15 mins. or until golden
Vegetable Curry Serves 4
Dish: 3 litre (6 pt) casserole Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Sprinkle the aubergine liberally with salt in a colander. Stand for 30 mins. to remove bitter
juices. Rinse well under cold water and drain.
2. Combine garlic, spices and oil in casserole, cover and cook on HIGH power for 2 mins.
3. Add all other ingredients to casserole, except cashews. Cover and cook on HIGH power for
10 mins. then SIMMER power for 30-40 mins. or until vegetables are soft. Stir occasionally.
4. Sprinkle with cashews and serve with boiled rice.
N.B. This recipe is best cooked in advance, chilled and then reheated to allow the flavours to
Red Peppers Stuffed with Bacon and Goat’s Cheese Serves 4
Dish: 20 cm (8") Pyrex® shallow dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each pepper to remove the stalk and the seeds.
2. Place the bacon and bread in a bowl and cook uncovered on HIGH power for 4-5 mins., or
3. Add the basil, Parmesan, goat’s cheese and tomatoes. Stir well.
4. Spoon the stuffing into the peppers and arrange them closely together in the baking dish.
5. Spoon over the olive oil and cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 250°C + Grill 3 +
SIMMER power for 15 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.