Open as PDF
350 g (12 oz) shortcrust pastry
beaten egg to glaze
350 g (12 oz) lean minced steak
1 medium onion, chopped
450 ml (
pt) hot beef stock
15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato puree
5 ml (1 tsp) yeast extract (Marmite
salt and pepper
10 ml (2 tsp) gravy thickening
Minced Beef and Onion Pie Serves 4
Dish: large casserole + lid + 20 cm (8") pie plate Oven Accessory: glass turntable +
1. Combine all filling ingredients except thickening in casserole dish. Cover and cook on HIGH
power for 5 mins. then MEDIUM power for 15 mins. Mix gravy thickening with water and stir
into meat. Leave to cool. Preheat oven on Convection 210°C.
2. Roll out half the pastry to fit pie plate. Remove mince with a slotted spoon, reserving gravy
for serving and fill pie. Roll out remaining pastry for a lid and place on top of mince, sealing
the edges with water. Cut 2 slits in top of pastry and glaze top with egg. Cook on AUTO
PROGRAMME PASTRY. Approx. cooking time 20-25 mins. or Combination: Convection
220°C + SIMMER power for 20-25 mins. or until cooked.
1 quantity of suet pastry (page 88)
75 ml (5 tbsp) seedless raspberry jam
milk to glaze
Baked Jam Roly Poly Pudding Serves 4
Dish: 1 kg (2 lb) loaf dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Roll out pastry to approx. 23 x 32 cm (9 x 13").
2. Spread the jam over the pastry leaving 1cm (
") border all round. Brush the edges with milk
and roll the pastry up evenly, starting at one short side and sealing the edges well.
3. Brush top with milk and place in loaf dish. Preheat oven on Convection 210°C. Cook on
Combination: Convection 220°C + SIMMER power for 15-20 mins. or until golden.
30 ml (2 tbsp) caster sugar
5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
30 ml (2 tbsp) sultanas
2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
350 g (12 oz) puff pastry
Apple Pie Serves 4-6
Dish: 20 cm (8") pie plate Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Mix together sugar, cinnamon and sultanas.
2. Toss apples in lemon juice. Sprinkle sugar mixture over.
3. Divide pastry in half. Roll out half and line base of plate.
4. Place apple filling on top of pastry. Roll out remainder of pastry and cut to a circle for lid.
5. Seal edges, crimp and brush top with egg. Preheat oven on Convection 210°C. Cook on
AUTO PROGRAMME PASTRY. Approximate cooking time 20-24 mins. or Combination:
Convection 220°C + SIMMER power for 20-25 mins. or until cooked.