Open as PDF
butter for greasing
225 ml (8fl. oz) evaporated milk
350 ml (12fl. oz) water
50 g (2 oz) short grain rice
25 g (1 oz) caster sugar
Creamy Rice Pudding Serves 2
Dish: large bowl Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Butter the bowl. Mix the milk and water together. Pour into the bowl and stir in the rice and
2. Cook on HIGH power for 5-6 mins. or until the liquid is boiling.
3. Immediately reduce to SIMMER power and cook for 30-35 mins. or until starting to thicken.
Stir with a fork to break up any lumps after every 15 mins. and at the end of the cooking
4. Leave to stand for 5 mins. to thicken further before serving.
150 g (5 oz) self-raising flour
pinch of salt
50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
50 g (2 oz) suet
150 ml (
30 ml (2 tbsp) jam or golden syrup
Optional: Add 1 tbsp of sultanas.
Steamed Suet Sponge Pudding Serves 4
Dish: 1 litre (2 pt) pudding basin Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Stir in sugar and suet.
2. Make a well in the centre and add beaten egg and milk.
Mix to a soft dropping consistency.
3. Put the jam in the base of the greased pudding basin and pour pudding mixture over. Cook
on HIGH power for 5-5
mins. until firm.
15 ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
small can of pineapple slices, drained
4 glacé cherries, halved
100 g (4 oz) margarine
100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
100 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
30 ml (2 tbsp) milk
Pineapple Upside Down Pudding Serves 4
Dish: 20 cm (8") round dish, lightly greased Oven Accessory: glass turntable +
1. Sprinkle sugar on base of dish, arrange pineapple slices and cherry halves on top of sugar in
2. Cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs gradually.
Fold in the flour and mix to a soft consistency with the milk.
3. Spoon the mixture over the pineapple and cook on Combination: Convection 170°C +
WARM power for 25-30 mins. or until cooked and golden brown. Leave to cool slightly
before turning upside down on a serving plate.