Open as PDF
150 ml (
100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
3 ml (
tsp) vanilla essence
30 ml (2 tbsp) caster sugar
300 ml (
pt) cold milk
Creme Caramel Serves 4
Dish: 15 cm (6") souffle dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Put water and the 100 g (4 oz) of sugar in a souffle dish. Cook on HIGH power for 2-3 mins.
or until sugar has dissolved. Continue cooking on HIGH power for 6-10 mins. until sugar has
caramelised, keeping a close watch as it can burn easily. CAUTION – Remove from oven
very carefully (the base will be extremely hot) and cool.
2. Beat eggs, essence, caster sugar and milk together and strain over caramel.
3. Cook on SIMMER power for 13-15 mins. or until starting to set around edge of dish. The
custard will continue to set on cooling. Refrigerate for several hours before turning out.
N.B. Individual Creme Caramels can be prepared by dividing the above ingredients between 4
" ramekins. Dissolve sugar in the water on HIGH power for 1-2 mins before putting
in ramekins. Cook the sugar solution for approx. 8-9 mins. on HIGH power, then cook the
custards for approx. 11-13 mins. on SIMMER power.
100 g (4 oz) butter or margarine
50 g (2 oz) light brown sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp) golden syrup
225 g (8 oz) rolled oats
450 g (1 lb) plums, stoned and thinly sliced
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
Plum & Oat Layer Makes 8 slices
Dish: 20 cm (8") ceramic flan dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray +
1. Place the butter, sugar and syrup in a bowl. Cook on HIGH power for 1-2 mins. or until
melted. Stir in the rolled oats.
2. Spread half the oat mixture into the dish. Arrange the plums over the top in overlapping rows
and sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the plums and gently press down.
4. Cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 250°C + Grill 3 + LOW power for 8-10 mins. or until
the mixture is firm and golden brown.
5. Cut into slices while hot, then allow to cool in the dish.
75 g (3 oz) butter
175 g (6 oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
175 g (6 oz) cream cheese
175 g (6 oz) cottage cheese
75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
25 g (1 oz) cornflour
1 lemon, grated rind of
150 ml (
pt) soured cream
2 eggs, separated
50 g (2 oz) sultanas
Baked Lemon Cheesecake Serves 8
Dish: 20 cm (8") deep Pyrex
dish, greased Oven Accessory: glass turntable +
metal tray + low rack
1. Melt butter on HIGH power for 1-2 mins. or until melted. Stir in biscuits and cinnamon. Press
into base of dish.
2. Blend cream cheese and cottage cheese together until smooth, add sugar, cornflour, lemon
rind, soured cream and egg yolks.
3. Whisk egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the sultanas
over the biscuit base and pour over the filling mixture.
4. Cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 250°C + Grill 3 + LOW power for 8-9 mins. or until the
filling has set and is golden brown. Chill before serving.