Open as PDF
Basic Cookie Dough:
100 g (4 oz) butter
100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
175 g (6 oz) plain flour
White Chocolate and Pistachio Nut
100 g (4 oz) white chocolate, chopped
50 g (2 oz) pistachio nuts, chopped
Marzipan and Cherry
100 g (4 oz) glace cherries
50 g (2 oz) marzipan, chopped
100 g (4 oz) peanuts
50 g (2 oz) peanut butter, crunchy
75 g (3 oz) white chocolate, chopped
75 g (3 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
Dish: round metal baking tray Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale, then beat in the egg.
2. Mix in the flour until well combined and add the chosen additions.
3. Place walnut-sized spoonfuls of dough well apart on a round baking tray, flatten slightly with
a fork and cook in a pre-heated oven on Convection 170°C for 10-15 mins. or until golden.
4. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. Repeat with remaining mixture.
100 g (4 oz) plain chocolate
100 g (4 oz) butter
100 g (4 oz) soft dark brown sugar
100 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
10 ml (2 tsp) cocoa powder
2 eggs, beaten
3 ml (
tsp) vanilla essence
100 g (4 oz) walnuts, chopped
Dish: 20 cm (8") square dish lined with greaseproof Oven Accessory: glass turntable +
metal tray + low rack
1. Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and cook on HIGH power for 1 min. or until chocolate
2. Stir in all other ingredients and beat well.
3. Pour into dish and cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 250°C + Grill 3 + SIMMER power
for 6-7 mins. or until firm. Allow to cool and then cut into squares.
225 g (8 oz) self-raising flour
5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
50 g (2 oz) butter
25 g (1 oz) caster sugar
50 g (2 oz) sultanas
150 ml (
beaten egg to glaze
Fruit Scones Makes 12
Dish: baking sheet (round) Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together. Rub in fat until the mixture resembles fine
breadcrumbs. Add sugar and sultanas.
2. Make a well in the centre and stir in enough milk to form a soft dough.
3. Knead lightly. Pat out to 2cm (
") thick and cut into 10 rounds with a 5 cm (2") cutter. Place
on baking sheet, brush with beaten egg and cook in a pre-heated oven on Convection
210°C for 15 mins. or until well risen and golden brown.