Open as PDF
Food Quantity/Yield Steaming Time Cook’s Notes
18 - 22 minutes
5 - 8 minutes
6 - 8 minutes
10 - 15 minutes
per inch of thickness
8 - 10 minutes
• Follow proper safe food handling pro-
cedures for poultry and seafood.
• Always check poultry for proper
doneness – juices should run clear
when tested with a knife, and internal
temperature should read 170° F for
chicken breast meat, and 180° F for
dark meat. The internal temperature
of a fish fillet/steak should read 140°F.
• Do not steam bone-in chicken.
• Clean shrimp; steam in shells for
• For most even steaming, chicken and
seafood should not touch sides of
• Pierce before steaming.
• If desired, steam drained sauerkraut
in rice bowl as an accompaniment
and increase steaming time by
5 - 6 ounces each, up to 8
(use both steamer trays)
(use in second steamer tray)
Steam until shells are just fully opened.
Steam for 10 - 15 minutes per inch of
6 to 12
Chicken and Seafood
01CU13171 TCS-60 IB 6/30/03 4:55 PM Page 10