Open as PDF
Carefully read all instructions before using this appliance.
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
2. To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not put base of
steamer in water or other liquid.
3. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or
near children. Cuisinart does not recommend the use of this
appliance by children.
4. Always unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking
off parts, and before cleaning or removing contents from steamer.
5. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after
the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner.
Return appliance to nearest Cuisinart service facility for examination,
repair, and/or mechanical or electrical adjustment.
6. The use of attachments, other than those recommended by Cuisinart,
may cause fire, electrical shock, or risk of injury to persons.
7. Do not use outdoors.
8. Do not let cord hang over edge of counter or table or touch hot
surfaces, which could damage the cord.
9. Regarding your cord set: A longer cord has been provided so that you
will have flexibility in positioning your steamer near an electrical outlet.
Exercise care when using the longer cord to avoid entangling or trip-
ping over the cord. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will
not drape over the counter or tabletop, where it can be pulled on by
children or tripped over.
10. Be certain the steamer cover is securely in place before operating
appliance. Never operate without the cover securely in place.
11. This appliance is intended for household use only.
12. Wash all parts before first use.
13. WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK OR
FIRE, DO NOT REMOVE THE BASE PANEL. NO USER SERVICE-
ABLE PARTS ARE INSIDE. REPAIR SHOULD BE DONE ONLY BY
14. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
15. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance
containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
16. To disconnect, turn the control knob to “off”, then remove plug from
17. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
SPECIAL CORDSET INSTRUCTIONS:
A short power-supply cord (or detachable power-supply cord) is to be
provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or
tripping over a longer cord. Longer detachable power-supply cords or
extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in
their use. If a longer detachable power-supply cord or extension cord
1. The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should
be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
2. The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter-
top or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over
NOTICE: This appliance has a polarized plug (one prong is wider than
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit into a polarized outlet
only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug.
If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug
in any way.
1. Place the gift box containing your Cuisinart steamer on a flat, sturdy
surface before unpacking.
2. Remove instruction booklet and other printed materials from top of
polyfoam insert. Next, remove the top polyfoam insert.
3. Carefully lift steamer trays from box and set aside. Then remove
4. Remove the lower polyfoam insert containing the steamer base.
5. Remove any additional literature from the box. Before using for the first
time, wash all parts according to the "Cleaning and Storage" section on
page 5 of this booklet to remove any dust or residue.
01CU13171 TCS-60 IB 6/30/03 4:55 PM Page 2