Open as PDF
Electrolux Blast Freezers
Blast Chiller/ Freezers - 7/15 kg
Chilling means bringing the temperature of cooked food from +90ºC to +3°C in a short time lap which does not allow
bacterial growth. Electrolux Blast Chillers/Freezers reduce temperature from +90ºC to +3°C at food core in less than 90
minutes and down to -18ºC in less than four hours: the model detailed on this sheet performs this cycle up to a 15 kg full
load. After the Blast Chilling/freezing process a holding cycle starts automatically to maintain food at -18 °C. Blast chilled
food has a solid 5 days shelf life without loss of flavour, nutritional values and weight. The opportunity to prepare in a
single shot the food to be used in different times during the week enables a better work scheduling and therefore a
sensible reduction in labour costs.The range of Electrolux Blast Chillers/freezers range consists of 4 models with built in
or remote refrigerating unit that offer an excellent all-round performance.
• Soft Chilling ( Air temperature –2 °C).
• Hard Chilling (Air temperature –20°C).
• Shock freezing (Air temperature -35 ºC).
• Holding at +3°C or -18ºC (automatically
activited at the end of each cycle).
• It is possible to operate by time or by
• The control unit provides different
operating settings : time/core
temperature according to NF and UK
regulations, time/air temperature
personalised according to national
regulations, sterilizing cycle: UV lamps
built in (on request), three core
temperature probes (on request),
automatic defrosting and manual
defrosting (recommended after every
shock freezing cycle). All setting are
• The control unit provides two large
displays to read out: time, core
temperature, alarms, service information.
• Programs memory: two for each
operating modes, setting time and air
• All information related to the different
operating models are recorded: date,
time, cycle, core temperature, holding
temperature, HACCP accordance.
• An audible alarm starts when the cycle
ends or terminates abnormally.
• Suitable for 1/1 GN containers(
recommended pan depth 40 mm) and
600 X 400 mm containers.
• Blast Chilling cycle: up to29 kg from
+90°C up to +3°C in less than 90 minutes.
• Blast Freezing cycle :up to 15 kg from
90ºC up to -18 ºC in less than four hours.
• Chilling and freezing times can vary
according to food quantity, density,
moisture contents and type of
according to NF* regulations is up to 10,8
• Integrated air-cooled refrigeration unit
operating up to a maximum ambient
temperature of +32°C.
• Internal and external finishing in
stainless steel 304 type.
• High density polyurethane insulation,
60 mm tichkness, with HCFC free.
• Environmentally friendly: R404a as
• Developed and produced in ISO 9001
and ISO 14001 certified factory.
• Inner cell with fully rounded corners.
• Drain to aid cleaning.