Open as PDF
Other Consumer Safety Information
This product is intended for household use only.
WARNING! Shock Hazard: This appliance has a polarized plug (one
wide blade) that reduces the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only
one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of
the plug by modifying the plug in any way or by using an adapter.
If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still
does not fit, have an electrician replace the outlet.
The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to
reduce the hazards of becoming tangled in or tripping over a longer
cord. If a longer cord is necessary, an approved extension cord
may be used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be
equal to or greater than the rating of the appliance. Care must be
taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over
the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or
accidentally tripped over.
To avoid an electrical circuit overload, do not use another high-
wattage appliance on the same circuit with your breadmaker.
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs. Always use
oven mitts to handle hot bread pan or hot bread.
3. Do not put hand inside oven chamber after bread pan is
removed. Heating unit will still be hot.
4. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug,
or breadmaker in water or other liquid.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or
6. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to
cool before putting on or taking off parts, or before cleaning the
7. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or
after the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in
any manner. Call our toll-free customer service number for
information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
8. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the
appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
9. Do not use outdoors.
10. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch
11. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a
12. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance
containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
13. To disconnect, turn all controls off (STOP); then remove plug
from wall outlet.
14. Use extreme caution when removing bread pan.
15. To turn breadmaker OFF, press and hold the START/STOP button
for 2 seconds. See “Control Panel” section for more information.
16. Do not place eyes or face in close proximity with tempered
glass viewing window, in the event that the safety glass breaks.
17. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
18. Clean oven interior carefully. Do not scratch or damage heating
19. CAUTION: Risk of Electric Shock. Cook only in removable Bread
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
840194102 ENv03.indd 3840194102 ENv03.indd 3 8/5/13 10:24 AM8/5/13 10:24 AM