Open as PDF
G600 & G800 Electronic Dishwashers
3.4 Water Softener
If your tap water hardness is above 8 grains per gallon (140 ppm), the
water should be softened.
A Water Hardness Test Strip is used to determine the water hardness.
If the Water Softener is needed:
The dishwasher must be programmed to “with Water Softener”
The Water Softener reservoir is filled with softener salt.
The water hardness level is programmed into the dishwasher
If the Water Softener is not needed:
The dishwasher must be programmed to “without Water
Softener” (OFF); however the hardness level is not programmed
into the electronic
Salt is not needed and should not be installed.
Water Softener Salt
Only use water softener salt specially formulated for dishwashers.
Other salts may contain insoluble additives that impair the Water
Softener. The proper salt can be purchased from the Miele Technical
To add salt:
1. Remove the Lower Basket.
2. Unscrew and remove the Salt Reservoir Cap located on the
floor of the Wash Cabinet.
3. If this is the first time salt is installed; add 2 quarts water.
4. Place a funnel over the Salt Reservoir. Carefully fill with salt.
The Salt Reservoir holds approximately 4.5 lbs (2 kg) of
5. Clean any excess salt from the threads of the reservoir
opening; and screw the cap on firmly.
6. Run the "Rinse & Hold" program to remove any traces of salt
from inside the Wash Cabinet.