Open as PDF
G600 & G800 Electronic Dishwashers
5.27 Water Softener – Operational Check
Ensure the Electronic is programmed “with Water Softener” before
performing the following procedure.
1. Refer to the model specific Operating Manual; Program the
Electronic to the 643 ppm (parts per million) – 1,250 ppm (parts per
million) softener setting.
2. Remove the Filter Assembly.
3. Access Service Mode 1. (refer to section 6 – Fault Diagnosis for
model specific instructions)
4. Proceed to a water intake step.
5. Proceed to a drain step and drain the appliance.
6. Open the Door.
7. “Cheat” the Door Switch into the “closed position” by using a Door
Switch Bypass Tool P/N 05057670.
8. Turn off the water supply to the dishwasher.
9. Access Service Mode 1.
10. Refer to the model specific Timing Chart and Select a program and
proceed to a step that is marked “E-REG” (Softener Reactivation).
The Electronic Unit activates the Softener Solenoid Valve (Y38/1)
If water flows through the intake opening in the Sump, the Water
Softener is operating correctly.
If water does not flow through the intake opening in the Sump, -
check the following:
The activation of the Solenoid Valve Y38/1.
The Water Softener Salt Cap for leaks and/or damage.
The Water Softener Hoses and Connections.
The Softener Solenoid Valve (Y38/1) is activated for 2 minutes during
reactivation. The Water Intake is emptied in approximately 60