Open as PDF
(Models NLX30, NLX33 Only)
Your NLX30/NLX33 Coffeemaker will notify you when cleaning is required. After one
minute into the brew cycle, the electronic controls will determine if the Coffeemaker needs
cleaning. If it does, the CLEAN Indicator Light will flash. If the CLEAN Indicator Light
flashes, clean the Coffeemaker before the next brew cycle. Failure to clean the Coffeemaker
when indicated could result in excessive steaming and increased brewing time. To clean,
follow Steps 1 – 4 in the “Cleaning” Section, then press the “SELECT” button three times.
When the cycle is complete, continue with Steps 6 – 8.
Read caution statement on side panel of box before use.
1. Pour 1 quart of undiluted white household vinegar into Coffeemaker.
2. Place a paper filter into the black brew basket and close the swivel basket.
3. Place the empty decanter on the warming plate. Turn the Coffeemaker to “ON.” When
three cups have flowed through, turn the Coffeemaker to “OFF.”Let stand for 1/2 hour.
4. After 1/2 hour, pour vinegar back into the Coffeemaker. Place the empty decanter
on the warming plate.
5. Turn Coffeemaker to “ON” and let all of the vinegar run to completion.
6. Discard the vinegar and paper filter.
7. To flush out all traces of vinegar, pour decanter full of tap water into Coffeemaker,
slide switch to “ON.” Allow it to cycle through.
8. Discard water and turn Coffeemaker off. Repeat Steps 7 through 8.
Hard water can leave a whitish mineral deposit inside the decanter. Coffee and tea discolor
these deposits, sometimes leaving a brownish stain inside the decanter. To remove these
stains, follow these easy steps.
1. Use a solution of equal parts white vinegar and hot water.
2. Let solution stand in decanter for about 20 minutes. Discard.
Wash and rinse decanter thoroughly using soft cloth. Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners.
These may cause scratches and can lead to breakage.