Open as PDF
electric deep fryer
This is a Listed appliance. The following important
safeguards are recommended by most portable appliance
To reduce the risk of personal injury or property damage, when
using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles.
3. To protect against electrical shock or burns, do not immerse
unit, cord, or plug in water or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used
by or near children.
5. Do not let children handle or put electrical cords or plugs in
6. Always attach magnetic plug end to appliance first, then plug
cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect, remove plug from
wall outlet, then from appliance.
7. Unplug cord from outlet and deep fryer when not in use and
before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking
off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
8. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug
or in the event the appliance malfunctions or has been
damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the Presto
Factory Service Department or to the nearest Presto
Authorized Service Station for examination, repair, or
electrical or mechanical adjustment.
9. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the
appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
10. Do not use outdoors.
11. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch
12. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a
13. It is recommended that this fryer not be moved when it
contains hot oil or other hot liquid. If it must be moved when
it contains hot oil or other hot liquid, use extreme caution.
14. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
IMPORTANT CORD INFORMATION
A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk result-
ing from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
DO NOT USE WITH AN EXTENSION CORD.
Do not allow the cord to run underneath or around the unit. The
magnetic cord may not detach easily if the cord is positioned in
Important Fryer Guidelines
❖ Use deep fryer only on a clean, dry, level, stable, and heat-
resistant surface, away from countertop edge.
❖ Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used
by or near children. Hot oil can cause serious and painful
❖ To avoid the risk of electrocution or severe disfiguring
electrical burns, do not let children handle or put electrical
cords or plugs in their mouths.
❖ To avoid the risk of electrocution or electrical burns, do not
let the cord or plug come in contact with water or other liquid.
❖ Use only a good, reliable standard brand of vegetable
shortening or cooking oil for deep frying. Deep frying foods
in butter, margarine, olive oil, or animal fat is not
recommended because of lower smoking temperatures.
❖ Before deep frying, remove excess moisture from food by
blotting with toweling—moist foods cause excess foaming
and spattering. Do not add wet food to cooking oil. Even
small amounts of water may cause the oil to spatter.
❖ Use caution when deep frying flour tortillas. Flour tortillas
contain air bubbles. During deep frying, oil can become
trapped within these bubbles. If not properly drained the
bubbles can burst and cause burns. Therefore, after deep
frying tortillas, carefully raise them out of the cooking oil
and allow oil to drain from the tortillas for approximately 30
❖ Always unplug cord from wall outlet and then from deep
fryer when unit is not in use.
❖ Always allow fryer to cool completely before removing oil
and before cleaning.
How To Use
Before using for the first time, wash scoop and interior of unit
with warm, sudsy water and dry thoroughly. Never immerse
unit in water or other liquid, or wash in dishwasher.
1. Remove plastic cover. Unit must be cool before cover can be
replaced for storage of oil.
2. Check the rubber pads on the bottom of the fryer before each
use to be sure they are free of oil or other debris. Wipe pads
with warm, soapy water if necessary. Then dry thoroughly.
3. Place deep fryer on a clean, dry, level, stable, and heat-resistant
surface in center of countertop.
4. Fill unit with cooking oil or
shortening up to oil level line,
which is located on inside of
unit (Fig. A). Never use more
than four, 8-ounce cups of
cooking oil or 2 pounds of
shortening. Never use any cover while oil is heating or while