stripping of screws or cracking of handles and legs.
3. To assure proper installation of skillet handles, place assembled
unit on a at surface. It should sit level.
4. To attach knob to cover, Fig. B, place the base plate over the
cover so the hole in the base plate is aligned with the center hole
in the cover and the black nub is positioned in the nub hole (this
will prevent the knob from rotating once it is installed). Place
the cover knob over the base plate and secure the knob and base
plate to the cover with the rubber washer, the metal washer, and
screw. Fasten securely.
3. Connect cord to a polarized outlet only. As a safety feature,
this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than
the other).This plug will only t in a polarized outlet one way.
If the plug does not t fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it
still does not t, contact a qualied electrician. Do not attempt
to defeat this safety feature.
4. Turn Control Master
control to desired temperature
(see page 2 for cooking
and preheat skillet. Pilot
light goes off when selected
temperature is reached (this
takes approximately 10 to 15
5. Prepare food for cooking.
6. Because the skillet features a nonstick nish, food may be
prepared with or without shortening, according to taste.
7. Place food in skillet and cook according to temperature-
timetable (page 2). Heat should be adjusted according to
personal preference and particular food being cooked. During
cooking, pilot light will go on and off indicating desired
temperature is being maintained.
8. Turn heat control to OFF when cooking is completed. Unplug
heat control from wall outlet then from appliance.
This is a Listed appliance. The following important safeguards
are recommended by most portable appliance manufacturers.
To reduce the risk of personal injury or property damage, when
using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should always
be followed, including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. Be sure that handles and cover knob are assembled and fastened
properly before using this appliance (see next column).
3. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
4. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse control,
cord, or plug in water or other liquid.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by
or near children.
6. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow
to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning
7. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or
in the event the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged
in any manner. Do not operate if the legs become cracked or
damaged. Return the appliance to the Presto Factory Service
Department (see page 2) or to the nearest Presto Authorized
Service Station for examination, repair, or adjustment.
8. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the
appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
9. Do not use outdoors.
10. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot
11. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a
12. It is recommended that this appliance not be moved when it
contains hot oil or other hot liquid. If it must be moved when it
contains hot oil or other hot liquid, use extreme caution.
13. Always attach heat control to appliance rst, then plug cord
into wall outlet. To disconnect, turn control to “OFF” then
remove plug from wall outlet.
14. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
How to Assemble
1. Place skillet upside down on table or counter. Remove the four
screws from mounting projections on the skillet body.
2. Position handles on the skillet, lining up holes in the handles
with mounting projections on the skillet. Replace screws and
fasten securely, Fig. A. Caution: Overtightening can result in
How to Use
Before using for the rst time, wash skillet in dishwasher or in
warm, sudsy water, rinse and dry. Do not immerse Control Master
heat control or let the heat control come in contact with any liquid.
“Season” the nonstick cooking surface by rubbing lightly with
cooking oil. Remove excess oil with paper towel.
1. Place skillet on a dry, level surface. To prevent possible heat
damage to your countertop, place a heat resistant counter
protector, such as aluminum foil, under appliance.
2. Insert the Control Master
heat control into the skillet so the
two electrical pins on the skillet are fully inserted into the heat