Open as PDF
AUTOMATIC EGG COOKER MODEL 86628
Register this other West Bend® products through our website: www.westbend.com
Care & Use Instructions
TO PREVENT PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, READ AND FOLLOW THE
INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS IN THIS CARE AND USE INSTRUCTION MANUAL
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS - Use electricity safely and wisely! Observe safety precautions when
using your West Bend Automatic Egg Cooker, including the following:
• Read all instructions before using.
• After cooking or poaching, unplug cord from wall outlet. Do not leave egg cooker plugged in when it
is not being used.
• Egg cooker should always be unplugged before cleaning
• Egg cooker should not be left unattended when it is plugged into an outlet.
• Do not let cord touch hot surfaces or hang over the edge of a counter, table or other surface.
• Your egg cooker, its cord and plugs should not be used outdoors, immersed in liquid, placed near a hot
gas or electric burner, or placed in a heated oven.
• Do not touch egg cooker when it is hot. Use handles or knobs for lifting or carrying. Be very careful
when moving egg cooker if it contains hot water.
• Supervise closely when egg cooker is being used by or near children.
• Use your egg cooker only for the cooking or poaching tasks described in this booklet. Do not use
attachments with your egg cooker unless recommended by The West Bend Company.
• Turn switch to OFF before unplugging from outlet.
• Do not use your egg cooker if it or its cord has been damaged or if it is not working properly. Return
you egg cooker to The West Bend Company for examination and/or repair.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - Your egg cooker
needs no special care other than cleaning. If
servicing becomes necessary, please return your
egg cooker to The West Bend Company. See
Warranty section in this booklet for service
details. Do not attempt to repair it yourself.
WARNING: To prevent personal injury or
property damage caused by fire, always unplug
this and other appliances when not in use.
Clean Before Using - Before using the first time, wash egg cooker cover, poaching pan, cooking rack and
measuring cup in hot soapy water with a dishcloth or sponge. Be sure to use caution when washing
around piercing pin in the bottom of measure cup. Rinse and dry. Wipe surface of heating base with a
damp cloth and dry. CAUTION: To prevent personal injury or electric shock, do not immerse egg
cooker base, its cord or plug in water or other liquid. The egg cooker is now ready to use. For
household use only.
Electric Cord Statement - Your egg cooker has a short cord as a safety precaution to prevent personal
injury or property damage resulting from pulling, tripping or becoming entangled with the cord. Do
not allow children to be near or
use this egg cooker without close adult supervision. If you must use
a longer cordset or an extension cord when using this egg cooker, the cord must be arranged so it will
not drape or hang over the edge of a countertop, tabletop or surface area where it can be pulled on by
tripped over. To prevent electric shock, personal injury or fire, the electrical rating of the
extension cord you use must be the same or more than the wattage of the egg cooker (wattage is
marked on underside of the egg cooker).