Open as PDF
WARNINGS – To help avoid personal injury
Important Notes/Cautions – from the factory
CAUTION: Please use
this setup procedure
before attempting to use
this brewer. Failure to
follow the instructions can result in
injury or the voiding of the warranty.
FIND OUT MORE
ON THE WEB.
CAUTION: DO NOT
connect this brewer to hot
water. The inlet valve is
not rated for hot water.
ISO 9001 REGISTERED
WARNING HOT LIQUID,
Scalding may occur.
Generation 3 - Iced Tea Brewer Instructions
FOR THE LATEST SPECIFICATIONS AND INFORMATION GO TO WWW.WILBURCURTIS.COM
This appliance is designed for commercial use. Any servicing other than cleaning and maintenance
should be performed by an authorized Wilbur Curtis service center.
• Do NOT immerse the unit in water or any other liquid
• To reduce the risk of ﬁre or electric shock, do NOT open top or front panel. No user serviceable parts
inside. Repair should be done only by authorized service personnel.
Your Curtis G3 Tea Brewer is Factory Pre-Set and Ready to Go… Right out of the Carton.
Following are the Factory Settings for your TCT or PTT Iced Tea Brewing System:
• Brew Temperature = 204°F
• Brew Volume = Set to dispensing vessel requirements (2.2 liters)
Generally there will never be a reason to change your G3 programming. However, should you need to make slight adjustments to meet
your brewing needs, programming instructions are provided later in this manual.
• Water Source 20 – 90 PSI (Minimum Flow Rate of 1 GPM)
• Electrical: See attached schematic for standard model or visit www.wilburcurtis.com for your model.
Equipment to be installed to comply with applicable federal, state, or local plumbing/electrical codes having jurisdiction.
The unit should be level (left to right and front to back), located on a solid counter top. Connect a water line from the water filter to the
brewer. NOTE: Some type of water ﬁltration device must be used to maintain a trouble-free operation. (In areas with extremely hard
water, we suggest that a sedimentary and taste & odor ﬁlter be installed.) This will prolong the life of your brewing system and enhance
1. A 1/4” Flare has been supplied for water line connection. Use tubing sized sufﬁciently to provide a minimum of 1.0 GPM.
2. Connect the unit to an appropriate electrical power circuit.
3. Turn on the toggle (STANDBY/ON) switch behind the unit. The heating tank will start to ﬁll. When the water level in the tank rises
to the correct volume, the heating element will energize automatically. With G3 Systems there is no danger of element
burnout caused by an empty tank.
4. The heating tank will require 20 to 30 minutes to reach operating temperature (204°F) as indicated by the READY-TO-BREW LED
5. Important: Run one full brewcycle, to purge the water lines and valves of air. Five seconds of dilution water at the begining
of each brewcycle is normal pre-programmed operating behavior.
The National Sanitation Foundation requires the following water connection:
1. A quick disconnect or additional coiled tubing (at least 2x the depth of the unit) so that the machine can be moved for
2. In some areas an approved backﬂow prevention device may be required between the brewer and water supply.
1. Brewer should be ON (Conﬁrm at rear toggle switch, then press ON/OFF button) and Ready-to-Brew displayed.
WILBUR CURTIS COMPANY, INC.
WILBUR CURTIS COMPANY
Montebello, CA 90640
2. Place ﬁlter in brew basket.
Pour leaf tea into basket.
3. Slide brew cone into brew
rails. Place tea container
under brew cone.
4. Press the BREW button to
• Keep hands and other items away from hot parts of unit during operation.
• Never clean with scouring powders, bleach or harsh implements.
setup, run a FULL
brewcycle. Place a tea
container to catch both
hot water from the brewcone and
dilution water from spout on the front