Open as PDF
USE THIS PROBLEM SOLVER
WILL NOT TURN
TICKING SOUND OF
SPARK IGNITER PERSISTS
IN ANY POSITION OTHER
BURNERS DO NOT
. When the knob is at the OFF position, it must be pushed in before it can be
turned, and must be turned
a counterclockwise direction. When the knob is at
any other position,
can be turned in either direction without being pushed in.
● Call for service.
● Be sure knob is in the OFF position.
Make sure electrical plug is plugged into a live power outlet.
● Gas supply not connected or not turned on.
● Igniter orifice in burner body may be clogged (see Burner Assembly in the Care
Cleaning section). Remove the obstruction.
● Burner parts not replaced correctly (see Care and Cleaning section).
● Counter unit not properly grounded or polarized. This can affect spark ignition.
Soil clogging holes in burner top. Remove and clean.
● Cooktop burner top not replaced correctly.
● Knob not
correctly. Push knob down on the stem.
(C) Normal soft blue flames
● If burner flames look like (A) or (B), call for service. Normal burner flames
should look like (C), burning with a soft blue flame.
If you need more help...In the United States call, toll free:
GE Answer Center”
consumer information service
Manager Consumer Relations
2465 Skymark Ave.,
Canada L4W 4H2