Open as PDF
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury
to persons, including the following:
• Read all instructions before using appliance.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handle.
• Do not immerse cord, plug or coffeemaker base in water or other
liquid. See instructions for cleaning.
• This appliance is not for use by children.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near
• Unplug from outlet when not in use. Unplug and allow to cool
before attaching or removing parts and before cleaning the
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated
• Do not use appliance except as indicated in these instructions.
• Decanter must never be used on a range top. Use only the
designated decanter for your coffeemaker.
• Do not set a hot decanter on a wet or cold surface.
• Do not use a cracked decanter or a decanter having a loose or
• Do not clean decanter with abrasive cleaners, steel wool pads or
other abrasive material.
• Do not remove lid or covers during brewing cycle, scalding may
• Allow mill/brew basket to cool before removing it from appliance.
• To disconnect, press stop button, then remove plug from wall
• Do not move entire unit when decanter contains hot liquid.
• Do not operate any damaged appliance. Do not operate with a
damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has
been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the
nearest authorized service center for examination, repair,
electrical or mechanical adjustment.
• Use accessory attachments only if recommended by
• Be certain lids and covers are securely in place before operating
• Do not use outdoors or while standing in a damp area.
• WARNING: Do not remove bottom cover. No user serviceable