Open as PDF
Toaster Oven Broiler Use and Care Guide
Operating Instructions (Cont.)
BEFORE FIRST USE (CONT.)
9. To engage the Wire Rack into the Door Guide, slide the Wire
Rack into the Shelf Position. When you close the Glass Door, the
Door Guide will guide the Wire Rack into the oven. When the
Glass Door is opened, the Door will pull the Wire Rack partially
out of the oven.
10. Plug into 120 V AC 60 Hz outlet. Close the Glass Door.
11. To eliminate any protective substance or oil that may have been
used for packing and shipping, turn the Temperature/Function
Control to Toast and set the Timer Control for 15 minutes. The
Power Light will come on. A small amount of smoke and odor
may be detected. This is normal.
12. To avoid scratching, marring, or discoloration, do not store
anything on top of the Toaster Oven-Broiler during operation.
CAUTION: Appliance surfaces are hot during and after use.
CAUTION: Always wear protective, insulated oven mitts on hands
when touching hot Toaster Oven-Broiler or hot dishes and food or
when inserting or removing Wire Rack, baking dish and food.
◆ The Bake Pan included with the Toaster Oven-Broiler is suitable for
items such as cookies, rolls, biscuits, and pork chops.
◆ Choose bakeware made of metal, or glass/ceramic without lids.
◆ Dark or dull pans absorb heat faster; foods will bake more rapidly
and crust will brown more easily than in shiny bake pans.
◆ Check package directions and/or with the ovenware manufacturer
to determine if the container is suitable for use in a Toaster Oven-
◆ Do not use oven roasting bags in this Toaster Oven-Broiler, as they
may come in contact with the Heating Elements.
CAUTION: Allow at least 1" air space between the top of the container
and the Upper Heating Element. Never use glass lids on glass or metal
bakeware. If a lid is necessary, cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
BEFORE FIRST USE
1. Carefully unpack your Toaster Oven-Broiler and remove all
2. Place your Toaster Oven-Broiler on a level surface such as a
countertop or table. Be sure the sides, back, and top of the
Toaster Oven-Broiler are at least four inches away from any walls,
cabinets, or objects on the countertop or table.
3. Remove all stickers from the Toaster Oven-Broiler except the
4. Remove Broil Insert, Bake Pan, and Wire Rack and wash in warm,
soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly before placing in the
5. Remove any dust that may have accumulated during packaging.
Simply wipe the Toaster Oven-Broiler exterior and interior with a
clean, damp cloth.
6. Do not use abrasive cleansers.
7. Do not put the Toaster Oven-Broiler, Cord or Plug in water.
8. Make sure the Crumb Tray is firmly in place in the bottom of the
Power Indicator Light
Timer Control with OFF,