Open as PDF
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised repair
• Before use, check the power supply cord for
signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power supply
cord or mains plug is damaged or defective.
• If the power supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be repaired by
an authorised repair agent in order to avoid a
hazard. Do not cut the power supply cord
and do not attempt to repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those specified in this
• Do not attempt to repair the appliance. Take
it to your nearest Black & Decker-owned or
authorised Service Centre for repair.
• This product must be earthed. Always check
that the power supply corresponds to the
voltage on the rating plate.
• Power plugs must match the outlet. Never
modify the plug in any way. Do not use any
adapter plugs with earthed (Class 1)
appliances. Unmodified plugs and matching
outlets will reduce the risk of electric shock.
Extension cables & Class 1
• A 3-core cable must be used as your
appliance is earthed and of Class 1
• Up to 30m (100ft) can be used without loss
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorized Black & Decker Service Center in
order to avoid a hazard.
Mains plug replacement
If a new mains plug needs to be fitted:
• Safely dispose of the old plug.
• Connect the brown lead to the live terminal
of the new plug.
• Connect the blue lead to the neutral
• If the product is class l (earthed), connect
the green / yellow lead to the earth terminal.
Warning! If your product is class ll double
insulated (only 2 wires in the cord set), no
connection is to be made to the earth terminal.
Follow the fitting instructions supplied with good
Any replacement fuse must be of the same rating
as the original fuse supplied with the product.
Additional safety instructions for
• Do not immerse the appliance, cord set or
plug in liquids
• Never add water or ice to oil
• Do not use solid fats
• Extra care is required when cooking frozen
• Only use good quality cooking oil in this fryer
• Always close the lid before lowering the
basket into the hot oil
• Care should be taken when opening the fryer
as hot steam may escape on opening.
• Hot steam may escape from the filter cover
vents during use
• Take care when opening the Fryer lid as hot
steam may escape
• Do not touch hot surfaces such as the bowl,
lid and main body during use or the cool-down