Open as PDF
Use the bake feature whenever the recipe calls for baking using
normal temperatures. A reminder tone will sound indicating
when the set baking temperature is reached and to place the
food in the oven.
Bake may be set for any oven temperature between 170°F
(77°C) to 550°F (288°C).
To set Bake with a default temperature of 350°F:
1. Press Bake.
2. Press .
3. To cancel Bake at any time, press .
To set Bake for an oven temperature of 425°F:
1. Press Bake.
2. Enter 4 2 5 using numeric keypad.
3. Press .
To cancel Bake at any time, press .
When setting Bake or any cooking feature that preheats the
oven (except Broil), the convection fan will turn on and stay on
until the oven reaches set temperature.
The oven is factory set to run no longer than 12 hours. If you wish
to cook continuously, see “Changing between continuous bake
setting or 12-Hour Energy Saving feature” on page 9.
• Preheat your oven before using the bake mode.
• During preheat, the three elements and the convection fan
are used in cycle to quickly heat the oven.
• Use only one rack and center the pans as much as possible
on rack 2 or 3.
• If using two racks, place the oven racks in positions 2 and 4.
• Allow 2” to 4” (5,1 to 10,2cm) around the bakeware for
proper air circulation.
• Be sure the pans do not touch each other, the door, sides or
back of the oven
Baking layer cakes with 1 or 2 oven racks:
For best baking results when baking cakes or cookies using 2
oven racks, place bakeware in rack positions 3 and 5 (for rack 5
use the offset rack if provided).
Table 1: Suggested Bake rack positions
Broiling meats, chicken, fish 3 or 4
Cookies, cakes, pies, biscuits, (single rack) 2 or 3
Using multiple racks for items above 2 and 4
Frozen pies, angel food cake, yeast bread, 1
or 2 casseroles, small cuts of meat and
1 or 2
Turkey, roast beef, ham 1 or offset rack
Figure 3: Wall oven rack positions
Figure 4: Pan spacing for best results when baking