Open as PDF
• Position the appliance on a flat, heat resistant surface.
• Do not leave or use the appliance in a damp area.
• Do not touch the non-stick plates when in use.
• When the appliance is on, do not leave it unatteded.
• A fire may occur if the appliance is covered with flammable material
including curtains, draperies, walls, etc, when in operation.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance is for household use. Any servicing other than
cleaning and user maintenance should be performed by the nearest
authorized KRUPS Service Center (see enclosed list).
• Do not immerse appliance in water.
• To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not dismantle the
appliance. No user serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done
by an authorized KRUPS Service Center only.
SPECIAL CORD INSTRUCTIONS
A. A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk of
becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
B. Extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised
in their use.
C. If an extension cord is used, (1) the marked electrical rating of the
extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating
of the appliance, (2) the cord should be arranged so that it will
not drape over the counter top or table top where it can be pulled
on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
D. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the
other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to
fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit
fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit,
contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug
in any way.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed including the following :
• Read all instructions.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
• To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or
complete appliance in water or other liquids.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or
• Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to
cool before putting on or taking off parts.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or
after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any
manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized KRUPS Service
Center for examination, repair or adjustment (see enclosed list).
• The use of accessory attachments not recommended or sold by
KRUPS may cause injuries.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, or
touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated
• Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance
containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
• To disconnect remove plug from wall outlet.
• Do not use the appliance for other than intended household use.
• Do not use metallic fasteners to hold the waffles in place. Sharp
utensils should not be used.
• Always check that the voltage indicated on the identification
panel matches that of your electrical installation.
• For household use only. Using the appliance for other than its
intended use will void the warranty.