Open as PDF
■ Troubleshooting for auto setup procedure
Before auto setup
Errors during auto setup
Press SELECT to display detailed information about individual errors. Press j / i to switch between error messages.
Warnings after auto setup
Press j / i to display detailed information about individual warnings.
• If the ERROR or WARNING screens appears, check the cause of the problem, then perform the auto setup procedure again.
• If warning W-1 appears, corrections are made, but they may not be optimal.
• If warning W-2 or W-3 appears, no corrections are made.
• If error E-10 occurs repeatedly, please contact a qualified YAMAHA service center.
Error message Cause Remedy
Optimizer microphone is not connected. • Connect the supplied optimizer microphone to the
OPTIMIZER MIC jack on the front panel.
Headphones are connected. • Unplug the headphones.
Error message Cause Remedy
E-1:NO FRONT SP
Front L/R channel signal(s) is (are) not
• Select the front speakers with SPEAKER A or B.
• Check the front left and right speaker connections.
A surround channel signal is not detected. • Check the surround speaker connections.
E-3:NO PRES. SP
A presence channel signal is not detected. • Check the presence speaker connections.
Only right surround back channel signal is
• Connect the surround back speaker to the LEFT
SURROUND BACK SPEAKERS terminal if you
only have one surround back speaker.
Background noise is too loud. • Try the auto setup procedure in a quiet environment.
• Turn off noisy electric equipment like air conditioners
(etc.) or move them away from the optimizer
Surround back speaker(s) is (are) connected,
though surround L/R speakers are not.
• Connect surround speakers when you use (a)
surround back speaker(s).
The optimizer microphone was unplugged
during the auto setup procedure.
• Do not touch the optimizer microphone during the
auto setup procedure.
The optimizer microphone does not detect test
• Check the microphone setting.
• Check the speaker connections and placement.
The auto setup procedure was cancelled due to
• Perform the auto setup procedure again. Do not adjust
VOLUME (etc.) during the auto setup procedure.
A DSP communication error or hangup
• Perform the auto setup procedure again.
Warning message Cause Remedy
W-1:OUT OF PHASE
Speaker polarity is not correct. This message
may appear depending on the speakers even
when the speakers are connected correctly.
• Check the speaker connections for proper polarity
(+ or –).
The distance between the speaker and the
listening position is over 24 m (80 ft).
• Bring the speaker closer to the listening position.
The difference of volume level among speakers
is excessive. (No level correction is made.)
• Readjust the speaker installation so that all speakers
are set in locations with similar conditions.
• Check the speaker connections.
• Use speakers of similar quality and efficiency.
• Adjust the output volume of the subwoofer.
00_HTR-5760_U_EN.book Page 29 Tuesday, February 17, 2004 10:47 AM