Open as PDF
LO, MED, HI
DUH30252UC - DUH36252UC Only)
ALWAYS USE THE HIGH SETTING WHEN
For Best results
• Continuous use of the fan system while cooking
helps keep the kitchen comfortable and less
• It also reduces cooking odors and soiling
moisture that create a frequent need for
• Turn the blower on before starting to cook.
• Use a rear burner when browning or pan frying
• Open a window or inside door slightly.
• Clean the filters and the wall behind the filters
• The blower should be turned on for a few
minutes before cooking in order to establish air
currents up-ward through the hood. Thus when
heat, smoke, moisture, grease and cooking
odors are produced, they will be carried outside
instead of drifting into other rooms.
• Use the low speeds for normal use and the
higher speeds for strong odors or fumes.
• Drafts across the range or cooktop will cause
the escape of heat, smoke, moisture, grease
and cooking odors from the hood. Such drafts
should be prevented in so far as possible.
• The best job of ventilation in the kitchen is done
where the only air currents are those created by
the blower itself.
• For Gas Cooktops, a lower blower speed
should be used if:
• the gas flame is being distorted by the air
• the burner continually sparks (clicks)
• the burner flame repeatedly blows out.