Open as PDF
General Care & Cleaning
Cleaning the Porcelain Enamel Oven (ManualClean Oven Only)
Porcelain has a smooth finish and is a type of glass fused to metal. Oven cleaners can be used on all interior oven
REMOVE SPILLOVERS AND HEAVY SOILING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
REGULAR CLEANINGS NOW WILL REDUCE THE EXTENT AND DIFFICULTY OF MAJOR CLEANINGS LATER.
Adhere to the following cleaning precautions:
,, Allow the oven to cool before cleaning.
,, Wear rubber gloves when cleaning the appliance manually.
Remove soils using hot, soapy water. Do not allow food spills with a high sugar or acid content (such as milk, tomatoes,
saukerkraut, fruit juices or pie filling) to remain on the surface as they may cause a dull spot even after cleaning.
To Remove Heavy Soil
1. Allow a dish of ammonia to sit in the oven overnight or for several hours with the oven door closed. Clean softened
spots using hot, soapy water. Rinse well with water and a clean cloth.
2. If soil remains, use a soap-filled scouring pad or a nonabrasive cleaner. If necessary, use an oven cleaner following
DO NOT mix ammonia with other cleaners.
Adhere to the following precautions when using oven cleaners:
1. DO NOT spray on the electrical controls or switches because it could cause a short circuit and result in sparking or
2. DO NOT allow a film from the cleaner to build up on the temperature sensing bulb; it could cause the oven to heat
improperly. (The bulb is located in the rear of the oven.) Carefully wipe the bulb clean after each oven cleaning,
being careful not to move the bulb. A change in its position could affect how the oven bakes. Avoid bending the bulb
and capillary tube.
3. DO NOT spray any cleaner on the oven door trim or gasket, handles or any exterior surfaces of the appliance, wood
or painted surfaces. The cleaner can damage these surfaces.
To Clean the Oven Bottom
Clean using hot, soapy water, a mild abrasive cleanser, a soap-filled abrasive pad or oven cleaner following
Ammonia must be rinsed from all surfaces before operating the oven. Provide adequate ventilation.
DO NOT line the oven walls, bottom, racks or any other part of the appliance with aluminum foil. Doing so
will destroy heat distribution, produce poor baking results and cause permanent damage to the oven interior (aluminum
foil will melt to the interior surface of the oven).
Care and Cleaning of Stainless Steel (somemodels)
Some models are equipped with stainless steel exterior parts. Special care and cleaning are required for maintaining the
appearance of stainless steel parts. Please refer to the table provided at beginning of the Care & Cleaning section in this
Use & Care Manual.