Open as PDF
Read all instructions before using this appliance.
Save these instructions for future reference.
©2009 Electrolux Home Products, Inc. All rights reserved. Printed in the USA
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
• Use your dishwasher only as instructed in this Use and
• This Manual does not cover every possible condition and
situation that may occur. Use common sense and
caution when installing, operating and maintaining any
• NSF certified residential dishwashers are not intended
for licensed food establishments.
• DISHWASHER MUST BE ELECTRICALLY GROUNDED.
Read the Installation Instructions for details.
• This dishwasher is designed to operate on regular
house current (120 V, 60 Hz). Use a circuit equipped
with a 15 ampere fuse or circuit breaker. Use a 20
ampere fuse if dishwasher is connected with a food
• Do not operate dishwasher unless all enclosure panels
are in their proper place.
• To avoid entrapment and/or suffocation, remove door or
door latch mechanism from any dishwasher that is
discarded or not in use.
• Keep young children and infants away from dishwasher
when it is operating.
• Do not let children abuse, sit, stand or play on door or
racks of a dishwasher.
• Use only detergents and rinse agents recommended for
use in a dishwasher.
• Store dishwasher detergent and rinse agents out of the
reach of children.
• Do not wash plastic items unless marked “dishwasher
safe” or the equivalent. Check with manufacturer for
recommendations, if not marked. Items that are not
dishwasher safe may melt and create a potential fire
• Disconnect electrical power to dishwasher before
• If the dishwasher drains into a food disposer, make sure
disposer is completely empty before running dishwasher.
• Repairs should be done by a qualified technician.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not touch the heating element during or immediately
• Use care unloading the dishware when the SANITIZE
option has been selected. Contents may be hot to the
touch immediately after the end of cycle.
• Water vapor from the vent may be hot to the touch
when the SANITIZE option has been selected. Use care
and do not let small children play around or touch the
vent area of the dishwasher.
• When loading items to be washed:
- Locate sharp items and knives so that they
are not likely to damage the door seal or
- Load sharp items and knives with the
handles up to reduce the risk of cut-type
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be
produced in a hot water system that has not been used
for 2 weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If
hot water system has not been used for such a period,
before using dishwasher, turn on all hot water faucets
and let water flow from each for several minutes. This
will release any accumulated hydrogen gas. HYDROGEN
GAS IS FLAMMABLE. Do not smoke or use an open
flame during this time.
• Do not store or use combustible materials, gasoline or
other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this
or any other appliance.
This symbol will help alert you to such dangers as
personal injury, burns, fire, and electrical shock.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury
when using your dishwasher, follow basic
precautions including the following: