GE JGP336 Cooktop User Manual

Do not leave children alone or unattended
where a cooktop is hot or in operation.
They could be seriously burned.
Do not allow anyone to climb, stand or
hang on the cooktop.
CAUTION: Items of interest to children
should not be stored in cabinets above a
cooktop—children climbing on the
cooktop to reach items could be seriously
Always keep wooden and plastic utensils
and canned food a safe distance away from
your cooktop.
Always keep combustible wall coverings,
curtains or drapes a safe distance from
your cooktop.
Never wear loose-fitting or hanging
garments while using the appliance.
Be careful when reaching for items stored
in cabinets over the cooktop. Flammable
material could be ignited if brought in
contact with flame or hot oven surfaces
and may cause severe burns.
Teach children not to play with the controls
or any other part of the cooktop.
For your safety, never use your appliance
for warming or heating the room.
Always keep dish towels, dishcloths, pot
holders and other linens a safe distance
from your cooktop.
Do not store flammable materials near
a cooktop.
Do not store or use combustible materials,
gasoline or other flammable vapors and
liquids in the vicinity of this or any other
Do not let cooking grease or other
flammable materials accumulate near
the cooktop.
Do not operate the burner without all
burner parts in place.
Do not place hot cookware on the glass
cooktop (on some models). This could
cause glass to break.
Do not clean the cooktop with flammable
or volatile cleaning fluids.
Do not clean the cooktop when the
appliance is in use.
Avoid scratching the cooktop with sharp
instruments, or with rings and other jewelry.
Never use the cooktop as a cutting board.
Do not use water on grease fires. Never
pick up a flaming pan. Turn the controls
off. Smother a flaming pan on a surface
burner by covering the pan completely with
a well-fitting lid, cookie sheet or flat tray.
Use a multi-purpose dry chemical or foam-
type fire extinguisher.
Flaming grease outside a pan can be put
out by covering it with baking soda or, if
available, by using a multi-purpose dry
chemical or foam-type fire extinguisher.
Safety Instructions
Operating Instructions
Care and CleaningTroubleshooting TipsConsumer Support