Open as PDF
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of ﬁre, electric shock and/or injury to persons, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE MACHINE.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord, plugs or machine in water
or other liquids.
4. This product is not recommended for use by children.
5. Turn units OFF and unplug from electrical outlet when not in use and before cleaning.
Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning the appliance.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance
malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return this appliance only to the
nearest Authorized Service Center for examination, repair or adjustment.
The use of accessory attachments not recommended for MR. COFFEE
may cause hazards or injuries.
8. Do not use outdoors.
Do not let cord hang over edge of table or countertop or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not place this appliance on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
11. To disconnect, turn units OFF, then remove plug from wall outlet.
12. Do not use appliance for anything other than its intended use.
13. Use on a hard, ﬂat level surface only, to avoid interruption of air ﬂow underneath the
Always be sure the espresso water reservoir cap is tightened securely before turning
15. DO NOT remove the reservoir cap or brew basket on the espresso machine until
pressure is completely relieved. See Section
on Page 7.
Breakage may occur if the following instructions are not followed:
th carafes are designed for use with your
Coffee and Espresso
Machine and therefore must never be used on a rangetop or in any oven,
INCLUDING A MICROW
b. Do not set a hot carafe on a wet or cold surface.
c. Do not use a cracked carafe or a carafe with a loose or weakened handle.
d. Do not clean the carafe with cleansers, steel wool pads or other abrasive materials.
e. Discard carafe immediately if it is ever boiled dry.
f. Avoid sharp blows, scratches or rough handling.
: To reduce the risk of ﬁre or electric shock, do not remove any service
covers. No user serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done by authorized
personnel only. Opening the bottom service cover will void the warranty.
SPECIAL CORD SET INSTRUCTIONS
1. A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
2. An extension cord may be purchased and used if care is exercised in its use.
3. If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord must be
at least 10 amps and 120 volts. The resulting extended cord must be arranged so that
it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children
or tripped over accidentally.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a
polarized outlet only
one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the
outlet, reverse the plug.
If it still
does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not attempt to modify
the plug in any way.
THIS UNIT IS FOR HOUS EHOLD USE ONLY
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION : PRE SSURE
In order to avoid possible burns to body parts and/or other injury
from hot steam and water, NEVER open the water reservoir cap or
brew basket on the espresso machine while the unit is turned on
or as long as there is pressure in the water reservoir. Please see
Page 7 for more important details. Make sure the coffeemaker is
turned off when the decanter is empty. Brewed coffee and grounds
are both very hot. Handle them with care to avoid scalding injuries.
Unplug the appliance’s power cord when not in use.