Open as PDF
Bread Select Setting: dough INGREDIENTS
8 ounces (1 cup)
- or –
BUTTER or MARGARINE
ALL PURPOSE or BREAD FLOUR
ACTIVE DRY YEAST
- or -
BREAD MACHINE/FAST RISE YEAST
BUTTER or MARGARINE, melted
GROUND NUTMEG, optional
Makes 12 rolls.
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CINNAMON ROLL RECIPE
BREAD SELECT SETTING TO USE: dough
1. Add milk, egg and butter to pan.
2. Add bread flour, 3 tablespoons sugar and salt to pan. Tap pan to
settle dry ingredients, level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture
into the corners.
3. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into
4. Program for dough. Start bread maker. When done, unlock pan
from bread maker. Place dough on floured surface. Knead dough
about 1 minute, then let rest 15 minutes.
5. Roll dough into a rectangle, 15x10-inches. Spread ¼ cup melted
butter over dough to within 1 inch of edges. Then sprinkle ¼ cup
sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped nuts evenly over dough.
Roll dough up tightly on long side. Press edges to seal and form into a
12-inch long, evenly shaped roll. With a knife or 8-inch long piece of
thread or dental floss, slide under roll and criss-cross t\ends to cut
neatly through dough. Place rolls into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size, about
30 to 45 minutes.
6. Bake in preheated 190°C oven for 20 to 25 minutes
or until golden brown. Cool in pan on rack for 10 to 15
minutes, then drizzle with powdered sugar icing made
by combining 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2
tablespoons milk and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Blend until
smooth. If too thin or thick, add more powdered sugar
or milk, respectively, until desired consistency is
reached. Cut apart and remove from pan.