Open as PDF
INSTRUCTIONS PRESS DISPLAY
Setting Convection Bake
Benefits of Convection Bake:
—Some foods may cook up to 25 to 30% faster, saving time and energy.
—Multiple rack baking.
—No special pans or bakeware needed.
Fig. 1 - Air circulation of Convection Cooking
To set the oven for Convection Bake and
temperature to 350°F:
1. Arrange interior oven racks and place food in oven (See Fig. 1).
2. Press . (Fig. 2)
3. Press . A beep will sound once the adjusted oven
temperature is reached. (Fig. 3).
Note: The oven icon will show a rotating fan within the square. This
rotating fan icon indicates when the Convection Fan is operating
(See rotating fan in Fig. 3).
Press to stop Convection Bake or cancel Convection Bake at
Tips for Convection Bake
1. Time reductions will vary depending on the amount and type of food to be cooked. Cookies and biscuits should be
baked on pans with no sides or very low sides to allow heated air to circulate around the food. Food baked on pans with
a dark finish will cook faster.
2. Preheating is not necessary when cooking casseroles with Convection Bake.
3. When using Convection Bake with a single rack, place oven rack in position 3 or 4. If cooking on multiple racks, place
the oven racks in positions 1, 3 and 6 (for 3 racks) and positions 2 and 5 (See Fig. 1).
4. Cakes have better results when baked using the BAKE pad.
The CONV BAKE
pad controls the Convection Bake feature. Use
the Convection Bake feature when cooking speed is desired. The oven
can be programmed for Convection Bake at any temperature between
170° F (77° C) to 550° F (288° C).
Convection baking uses a fan to circulate the oven's heat evenly and continuously within the oven (See Fig. 1). This
improved heat distribution allows for even cooking and excellent results using multiple racks at the same time. Foods
cooked on a single oven rack will generally cook faster and more evenly with Convection Bake. Multiple oven rack cooking
may slightly increase cook times for some foods, but the overall result is time saved. Breads and pastries brown more
Setting Oven Controls