Open as PDF
Setting Convection Roast
The CONV ROAST pad is designed to give optimum cooking performance for this feature. The Convection Roast pad
combines a cook cycle with the convection fan and element to roast meats and poultry. Preheating is not necessary for
meats and poultry. Heated air circulates around the food from all sides, sealing in juices and flavors. Foods are crispy brown
on the outside while staying moist on the inside.
INSTRUCTIONS PRESS DISPLAY
Roasting Rack Instructions (some models)
When preparing meats for convection roasting, use the broiler pan and insert along with
the roasting rack (if equipped). The broiler pan will catch grease spills and the insert will
help prevent grease splatters. The roasting rack will allow the heat to circulate around
To prevent food from contacting the broil element and to prevent grease
splattering, DO NOT use the roasting rack when broiling.
1. Place oven rack on bottom or next to the bottom rack position. See Arranging Oven
Racks in the Before Setting Oven Controls section.
2. Place the insert in the broiler pan. The roasting rack fits on the insert allowing the
heated air to circulate under the food for even cooking and helps to increase
browning on the underside. Make sure the roasting rack is securely seated on the
insert in the broiler pan. DO NOT use the broiler pan without the insert. DO NOT
cover the insert with aluminum foil.
3. Position food (fat side up) on the roasting rack (See Fig. 4).
4. Place the broiler pan on the oven rack.
To set the Convection Roast feature (example for
Meats to cook at 350°F):
1. Arrange interior oven racks and place food in oven.
2. Press . (See Fig. 1)
3. Press . (See Fig. 2) The convection fan icon will come on.
Press to stop Convection Roast at any time.
Setting Oven Controls