Open as PDF
4. Install the water supply tube clamp around the water supply
line to reduce strain on the coupling.
5. Turn shutoff valve ON.
6. Check for leaks. Tighten any connections (including
connections at the valve) or nuts that leak.
7. On some models, the ice maker is equipped with a built-in
water strainer. If your water conditions require a second water
strainer, install it in the ¹⁄₄" (6.35 mm) water line at either tube
connection. Obtain a water strainer from your appliance
Complete the Installation
1. Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
2. Flush the water system. See “Water and Ice Dispensers.”
NOTE: Allow 24 hours to produce the first batch of ice. Discard
the first three batches of ice produced. Allow 3 days to
completely fill the ice storage bin.
Handle Installation and Removal
Parts Included: Door handles (2), Drawer handle(s) (1 or 2
depending on model), ¹⁄₈" hex key, spare setscrew(s)
NOTE: With the handles laying on a flat surface, the handles
intended for the drawers are more curved. They will not mount
flush against the doors.
NOTE: Handle mounting setscrews are preinstalled inside the
1. Remove the handles from the packaging inside the
refrigerator, and place them on a soft surface.
2. Open a refrigerator compartment door. On the closed door,
place a handle onto the shoulder screws so that the
setscrews are facing the adjacent door.
3. Firmly push the handle toward the door until the handle base
is flush against the door.
4. While holding the handle, insert the short end of the hex key
into the upper
hole and slightly rotate the hex key until it is
engaged in the setscrew.
5. Using a
clockwise motion tighten the setscrew just until it
begins to contact the shoulder screw. Do not fully tighten.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to fasten the lower setscrew.
7. Once both setscrews have been partially tightened as
instructed in the previous steps, fully tighten both setscrews.
IMPORTANT: When the screws feel tight, tighten them an
additional quarter-turn. The handle is not properly installed
without this extra tighteni
Electrical Shock Hazard
Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
Do not remove ground prong.
Do not use an adapter.
Do not use an extension cord.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death,
fire, or electrical shock.
A. Shoulder screws
B. Setscrews inside the handle