Open as PDF
BREVILLE RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
• Do not place this appliance on or near a hot
gas or electric burner, or where it could
touch a heated oven.
• Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a
table or counter, touch hot surfaces or
• The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by Breville may cause a risk
of injury to persons, ﬁ re or electric shock.
• Strictly follow cleaning and care instructions.
• Always switch the appliance to ‘OFF’, and
remove plug from the power outlet when
the appliance is not being used and before
cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on
or taking off parts, and before cleaning
• An extension cord is not recommended,
however, if one is needed, the extension
cord should be a grounded type and its
electrical rating must be the same or more
wattage as the appliance. Regularly inspect
the supply cord, plug and actual appliance
for any damage. If found damaged in any
way, immediately cease use of the
appliance and call Breville Customer
Service at 1-866-BREVILLE.
• For any maintenance other than cleaning,
call Breville Customer Service at
• Refer servicing to qualiﬁ ed personnel.
• Do not operate any appliance with a
damaged cord or plug or after the
appliance malfunctions, or has been
damaged in any manner. Return appliance
to the nearest authorized service facility
for examination, repair or adjustment.
• Carefully read all instructions before
operating and save for future reference.
• To protect against ﬁ re, electrical shock
and injury to persons do not immerse the
appliance, cord or plug in water or any
• This appliance is for household use only.
• Do not use this appliance for anything other
than its intended use. Do not use in moving
vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors.
• Young children should be supervised to
ensure that they do not play with the
• Do not leave the appliance unattended
when in use.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use oven mitts.
• Always use the appliance on a dry, level
• To disconnect, press the control button to
‘OFF’, then remove plug from power outlet.
We at Breville are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you, our valued customer foremost
in mind. In addition we ask that you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the following precautions:
At Breville, we know that espresso
lovers will go to great lengths to reﬁ ne
the art of making espresso. They will
experiment with ﬂ avors and adjust the
grind of the beans and the tamp in search
for the perfect espresso. The Die-Cast
Programmable Espresso Machine
caters for all levels of coffee making,
from manual control to programmable
espresso and from the novice through
to the experienced barista.
After extensive research and rigorous
testing, this machine boasts key features
such as custom set programming, a
premium brew process and a quality
espresso pressure gauge. Energy saving
features, like the auto power down, help
to save on electricity consumption, and
the selection of premium materials make
the BES830XL the best of Breville.
BES830XL_IB_Issue1,09.indd 4-5BES830XL_IB_Issue1,09.indd 4-5 4/1/10 11:02:36 AM4/1/10 11:02:36 AM