Open as PDF
NOT OVERHEAT MILK, above 110°F/43°C, as this can kill the yeast. Allow to cool if too hot or add a
little cold milk to cool it off.
• If cold butter or margarine is used, cut into 4 pieces, placing a piece into each corner of pan for faster
• Start with MEDIUM Bread Color setting the first time you make a 1½ pound loaf. Make a comment at
the bottom of each recipe if you wish to use the LIGHT or DARK Bread Color setting the next time you
prepare the recipe. When making the 1 pound loaf, start with the LIGHT Bread Color setting, making a
comment in the recipe if the MEDIUM Bread Color setting should be used the next time.
• An audible alert will sound midway through the knead cycle at the BASIC/SPECIALTY Bread Setting
to let you know when to add ingredients such as raisins, nuts, etc. for specialty type breads. This will
prevent these added ingredients from becoming over mixed or crushed. Simply open cover when alert
sounds and add the ingredients. Close cover. Do not turn bread maker off when adding ingredients.
If you are not adding ingredients during the knead cycle, simply ignore the alert when it sounds.
• If bread maker labors during the kneading period, the dough is too dry. Add 1 tablespoon warm water at
a time until the dough softens. Do not add too much extra water as this can cause the bread to collapse or
be under baked. The bread dough should be soft and a bit sticky to the touch after kneading. See
‘Special Notes on Flour Section’ for more details on making minor adjustments during kneading period.
OLD FASHIONED WHITE BREAD
Made with milk for a tender crust and fine texture. Just like Grandma used to make, now you can too!
1 Pound Loaf** INGREDIENTS 1½ Pound Loaf
6½ ounces (¾ cup + 1 Tbsp.) Milk, 95°F/35°C 10 ounces (1¼ cups)
2 cups ALL PURPOSE or 3 cups
1 tablespoon SUGAR 1½ tablespoons
1teaspoon SALT 1½ teaspoons
1 tablespoon BUTTER or MARGARINE 2 tablespoons
1½ teaspoons ACTIVE DRY YEAST 2 teaspoons
---or--- ---or--- ---or---
1 teaspoon BREAD MACHINE/ 1½ teaspoons
FAST RISE YEAST
BREAD SELECT SETTING TO USE: Basic/Specialty
1. Add ingredients to pan.
2. Add dry ingredients, except yeast, to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients,
pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Place butter into corners of pan.
3. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
4. Program for BASIC/SPECIALTY and desired Bread Color. Program TIMER if being used. Start
bread maker. When done, turn off and remove bread from pan. Cool on rack before slicing.
**If making a 1 pound loaf, use Light Bread Color setting to prevent over browning of the smaller loaf.