Open as PDF
1. Remove the Bread Pan from the Breadman®. Attach the Kneading Paddle onto the
2. Use a measuring spoon to measure the butter and a measuring cup to measure the sour
cream. Add the eggs. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Refer to
MEASURING YOUR INGREDIENTS section of this Instruction Manual.
3. Use measuring cup and spoons to measure the cocoa powder, Splenda®, soy flour, and
baking powder and place into a sifter. Sift dry ingredients together and add to the Bread
4. Place the Bread Pan into the Breadman®. Push down on the rim until it fits firmly into
place. Close the Lid.
5. Press the SELECT Button; choose Batter Breads™. Press the CRUST Button to choose
Light Crust Color. Press the START Button for an immediate start.
NOTE: Do not use the Delay Bake Timer since the recipes include eggs and other
6. During the Rest process, use a rubber spatula to push down any batter or flour that may be
on the sides of the Bread Pan. Refer to the KNEADING AND BAKING CYCLES Charts
in this Instruction Manual to check the time.
7. Before the baking begins, remove the Bread Pan from the Bread Maker. Remove the
Kneading Paddle from the batter and place the Bread Pan back into the Bread Maker to
complete the bake process. Removing the Paddle will help prevent tearing the cake/loaf
when it is removed from the Bread Pan after baking.
8. When your cake is finished baking, the Breadman® will beep and “0:00” will appear in the
Display Window. Press STOP and open the Lid.
9. Remove the Bread Pan from the Breadman® as soon as the Cycle is complete and allow the
cake to remain in the Pan for 20 minutes on a cooking rack before removing. Using oven
mitts, take a non-metal spatula and gently loosen the cake from the sides of the Pan. Turn
upside down to remove. Allow to cool 15 to 30 minutes before cutting into 9 serving slices.
CAUTION: THE PAN, KNEADING PADDLE AND BREAD WILL BE VERY HOT.
USE OVEN MITTS.
10. When the cake has completely cooled, approximately 1 hour, store in an airtight container.
11. UNPLUG UNIT AND ALLOW TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE CLEANING. Clean
Bread Pan after each use, DO NOT IMMERSE THE BREAD PAN IN WATER. (See
CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS outlined in this Instruction Manual.) Clean inside of
Breadman® after each use.
TR2500_FINAL 10/14/05 3:14 PM Page 82